1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Stretched Navigation?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Deceptive, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

How do I make the navigation go across the full screen?
    [​IMG]

2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

That is too broad of a question to answer correctly without guessing.

Do you want to stretch that element so that the nav tabs stretch the full length or do you want to stretch the container to full width while leaving the width of the actual tabs wrapping elements the same?

Are you using/modifying the default style, or a custom one?

These are things that will help provide you a real answer that is actually relevant to your needs instead of a shot in the dark that may or may not actually be what you need.

3. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

I want to stretch the container to full width while leaving the width of the actual tabs wrapping elements the same.

I want to modify the default style, so I'm using the default style.

4. Phil

Phil Active Member

Little "up" on this request ....

It will be "cool" to get support ;)

Thanks.

5. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Hi @Phil , assuming you have set a fixed width using max-width for the default style...

Then you should be able to undo max-width for the navigation by adding this to EXTRA.CSS
    Code:
    div#navigation {
        max-width: none;
    }
    Result:
    stretch-navigation.png

6. Phil

Phil Active Member

Thank you @Optic , for your help ;)

I have one more question. What we be the next step to have the nav menu "centered" at the same wrap size

Test_003.JPG

7. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

This is not something you can do easily, because max-width for div#navigation was providing the centre alignment...

It might be easier to undo the change and customise the header instead?

What is the end result you are trying to achieve?

8. Phil

Phil Active Member

@Optic , the idea will be to have the nav "menu" in the red square area, align to the "wrap"