XF 1.2 Strange Alerts Area Behavior

zagman76

Hello - I just upgraded to 1.2.1 in the last few days, and there were no errors reported during the upgrade. Afterwards, the 'Alerts' badge has been acting funky:

NIW2g8m.png

It's also doing that in all of my skins, even newly installed ones. I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting this as there were no errors generated. Here are all of the addons I have installed, just in case someone knows off of the top of their heads that one is a problem:

'Keywords' Meta Tag by xenCODE 1.0.0
Ad Manager 1.0 Beta 3
AzuCloud 0.1.2
Bookmarks 1.2.0
Custom BBCode Manager 1.3.4
DaTheme Advanced Styling Rules 1.0.2
Digital Point Spy 1.2.0
Donation Manager 1.1.0
Easy ban users 1.0.1
FreddysHouse Tools: Signature Once 1.2.0
GoodForNothing Title Manipulator 1.1.0
KeyCAPTCHA 2.1
Live Updates 2.0
Nodes As Tabs 1.2.0
Separate Sticky and Normal Threads 1.0
Sitemap for XenForo 1.3.0
Tapatalk 1.8.0
Template Modification System 1.3.0
Thread Ban 1.0.6
User Essentials 1.1.5
****** - Advanced Forum Statistics 1.2.0
[bd] Tag Me 2.0.1
[RT] Online Status Ribbon 1.3.7

Thanks for any assistance!​

If you create a new style are you able to reproduce it?
I just created a new style (with no parent), and everything gets messed up / is askew. In my SS above, you can kinda see the red alert bubble poking out of the bottom/right of the nav bar. So, it's there, just mis-placed. When I created this new skin, here is what my navbar area looks like:

kqiil7d.png

It's certainly possible that an add-on is adding CSS that is either conflicting or has parse errors which affects other CSS. A template modification could trigger this as well.

I would disable all add-ons (and any custom template modifications) to see if that helps.

It looks like CSS didn't load for that. Try a hard refresh, after that try to rebuild your master data.
I did a hard-refresh, and that seemed to bring it back in the new style I had created. I rebuilt the master data (I re-ran the run-upgrade php script per what I had read in other threads), but that didn't seem to help.

It's certainly possible that an add-on is adding CSS that is either conflicting or has parse errors which affects other CSS. A template modification could trigger this as well.

I would disable all add-ons (and any custom template modifications) to see if that helps.

I had disabled the add-ons initially, and that didn't seem to help. I went through all of the templates that were marked as modified, and reviewed the changes in them. The only changes I saw (and granted, I am not a programmer) didn't seem to affect the alerts area / nav bar.

However, on a hunch, I made one of my existing skins a child-skin of the new/temp one I had created and that seemed to fix the problem. So, I am assuming that if I do actually revert all of the templates in the XenForo default skin, that would fix the problem, but then wouldn't I lose any customizations installed by my add-ons? In the one skin I did move over, at a quick glance, the add-ons seemed unaffected. As a side-note, on that newly created skin, my favicon.ico isn't showing up in the browser - only the Xen default one is.

I fixed it!

In Appearance > Styles > Xen Default Style > Style Properties: Header and Navigation, I 'reset' the 'Alert Balloon' item. That made it appear properly again!

(however the favicon.ico issue still is present...)

Top Bottom