- The main premise is the ability to purchase subscriptions to usergroups
- Usergroups let admins allow access to specific forums, features, username styles, member card information, permission-based areas, etc. For example, users could purchase the ability to embed music in their profiles, have a custom username color, banners in their member card, etc.
- Users can purchase daily, weekly, monthly, or lifetime subscriptions
- Purchase subscriptions for other members
- Uses an admin-specified field from the `xf_user` table as cash for purchases
- Allow a custom PHP function to be executed for purchase and for purchases expire
- PHP classes and their functions can be specified when creating new items for users to purchase
- Users can set their subscription to auto-renew, and receive an alert before the auto-renewal if they cannot afford the next payment
I'm planning on making this free, both as a way to gain credibility as an add-on developer and as not to attempt to compete with the more fully featured add-ons that do similar things. I do this purely as a hobby and an opportunity to learn more about CSS, PHP, and jQuery.
If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. I'm also open to any constructive criticism about web design (I'm a Java/C++ guy at heart ), layouts, or the current features I have in place. Expect a release within the next few weeks.
Note: It won't be called Storefront, as that's already taken. Any suggestions for names?