Store report in database even when sending reports to forum

Sim

When sending reports to a forum rather than using the report centre, there is no report data saved in the database - the system simply creates a thread in the selected forum.

It would still be useful for stats and tracking troublesome users if the reports were stored in the database as well - perhaps with a link to the thread that was created.

Then if we decide to go back to using the report centre in the future, we have all the historic reports available for searching with links to the discussion threads as well as links to the discussions we've had.

I do find it useful to run queries against the reports database on the other forums I run where we still use the report centre - gives some interesting insight into who does the most reporting and who is the most reported and so on. Would be useful to be able to run the same queries on the site where we use threads instead.

(Of course this all becomes moot once we get some great enhancements to the report centre to the point where we don't need to send reports to a thread so we can have a decent discussion about them :D )

Upvote 11
(Of course this all becomes moot once we get some great enhancements to the report centre to the point where we don't need to send reports to a thread so we can have a decent discussion about them :D )
So Report Improvements for XF2?

I'm fairly sure I added to ability for reports to go to threads and report center in the XF1 version.

Top Bottom