XF 1.1 Store Front

Craig

Hello all.
I am looking at selling stuff on my site, but I am not sure if there is an add on for that or how someone would go about doing. It would be a consignment style sales.

I welcome any suggestions and advise.

Thanks

a consignment style sales.
Is DP going to be releasing the addon? I didn't see him say that anywhere.
It's slowly getting there... my marketplace thing for XF isn't a full time project. It's something I work on a few hours at a time here or there when I have time. That being said, most everything is working now other than the payment processing part which is about 70% done.

Stuff this IS done/working for it currently...

• Multi-tiered pricing (in my case a seller can sell things for a lower price to premium members if they wish).
  • Affiliate program built in (a seller can optionally specify a percent as a payout commission for people referring others to their product)
  • Watched items system (users can watch items).
  • Hooked into XF Alert system so people can be notified/emailed of a new version being uploaded.
  • Release Notes on a per uploaded file basis.
  • Licensing system allows expiration of individual licenses (for example someone could buy something that costs $xxx.xx and they are entitled to free upgrades for xx months). After a license expires, a user can redownload anything that that was uploaded prior to their license expiring without needing to renew.
  • Reviews system able to be used only by valid license holders (you can't have a bunch of fake reviews/ratings from people who don't have whatever it is).
  • Hooked into Reporting system (you can report an item for sale for some sort of violation).
  • Admins can permanently ban an item.
  • Checks for duplicate files (if you upload something, it can't be the same file already assigned to something else) to prevent people from spamming with multiple entries of the same thing.
  • Support/Questions URL can be set by seller on a per item basis to allow them to give offsite support if they want.

That being said, there's a bunch of really tricky things going on behind the scenes (especially for the payment processing) that requires us to go through a difficult review process through PayPal in order to allow us to even do them.

The addon uses the PayPal Permissions Service: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...ent_ID=developer/e_howto_api_PermissionsAbout

It also utilizes the Adaptive Payments system to allow a single payment to have multiple recipients (for affiliate payments for example):https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_APIntro

Because of that (and some other things), the marketplace add-on is going to be for digitalpoint.com only, but of course anyone will be free to sell their stuff with it.
More ...
Image%202012.04.02%2010:04:48%20PM.png

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/original-xf-images.29966/page-2#post-343591
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/resources-xenforo-really-needs-to-have.34804/#post-435500

So it isn't for sale then, I don't blame him, supporting something like that would sizzle any single humans brain.
I've mentioned in other threads, that the marketplace system I've been building is going to just be for digitalpoint.com (both the auction system and the digital goods sale/distribution system). Internally it's a massive system that has all sorts of dependencies that I wouldn't want to try to support even getting it installed and running for people. Another huge reason is the whole system uses PayPal adaptive payments, which you need to go through a rigorous review process in order to even be able to use with your PayPal account. I'm not kidding about that either... We started the review process for our PayPal account back in January, and now in November it looks like we *might* be good to go within a few weeks. Now mainly waiting for someone at PayPal to get on our dev server and test payment flows and everything to make sure it's all working satisfactorily under their sandbox setup.

It's a crazy review process, but hopefully we will get all approved and we will be able to do some really cool things with it.

I've mentioned in other threads, that the marketplace system I've been building is going to just be for digitalpoint.com (both the auction system and the digital goods sale/distribution system). Internally it's a massive system that has all sorts of dependencies that I wouldn't want to try to support even getting it installed and running for people. Another huge reason is the whole system uses PayPal adaptive payments, which you need to go through a rigorous review process in order to even be able to use with your PayPal account. I'm not kidding about that either... We started the review process for our PayPal account back in January, and now in November it looks like we *might* be good to go within a few weeks. Now mainly waiting for someone at PayPal to get on our dev server and test payment flows and everything to make sure it's all working satisfactorily under their sandbox setup.

It's a crazy review process, but hopefully we will get all approved and we will be able to do some really cool things with it.
Dang! I could careless of getting support from the addon, let some of us have a chance of purchasing it! :) I could highly use this for my site and all I use is paypal anyways for our current store front (3rd party source)

Dang! I could careless of getting support from the addon, let some of us have a chance of purchasing it! :) I could highly use this for my site and all I use is paypal anyways for our current store front (3rd party source)
It wont work for you even if you have paypal. The adaptive payment system has taken 10 months and he still hasn't had a final approval from ppal yet to use it...and not for nothing his site is VERY well known and he is the person coding the application which means an average person who uses forum software such as you or myself would probably not get very far trying to apply for those paypal privileges.

He is not selling it because it just isn't very logical...it would be expensive more than likely because there is A LOT involved in his system and I respect him for not coming out and saying yeah it will be for sale and then people buy it and find out they can't get approved for the paypal functions that are a prerequisite to use the marketplace.

All that said...his marketplace app is super sexy.

It's not for sale currently, and has quite a bit of work needed before it's ready for sale.

We're using an extremely early alpha (Barely an alpha), so isn't ready for most usages.
To make sure i didn't misunderstand you...ready for sale and will be for sale is two different things :) is this something that when completed to your satisfaction will be released for the public purchase?

It needs more than a normal/premier/business PayPal account. It needs a PayPal account with Adaptive Payments and Permissions Services enabled (and like I mentioned, the process to get that enabled onto account has been ongoing for 10 months now... And still not done).

Edit: EQ ninjaed me.

In addition, you would also be in dependency hell... The PayPal processing is handled by my "Third Party Accounts" addon, which doesn't have a mechanism to enabled/disable linking of certain account types. So you would also end up with the ability to link totally unrelated account types (which is for other things on my site). And THAT addon has some other dependencies on addons that have other dependencies. Just would be a support nightmare even if the PayPal review process was easy.

It needs more than a normal/premier/business PayPal account. It needs a PayPal account with Adaptive Payments and Permissions Services enabled (and like I mentioned, the process to get that enabled onto account has been ongoing for 10 months now... And still not done).
Well... *finally* got "conditionally approved" from PayPal (whatever that means). For those that think this is an "easy" process, you should compare the original "submit time" vs. the date it was conditionally approved. 10 months to the day... lol

Image%202012.11.08%204:39:47%20PM.png

Well... *finally* got "conditionally approved" from PayPal (whatever that means). For those that think this is an "easy" process, you should compare the original "submit time" vs. the date it was conditionally approved. 10 months to the day... lol

Image%202012.11.08%204:39:47%20PM.png
10 months? That's fast by Paypal standards!

I also created a shopping cart solution for xenforo with multiple payment options and order management. Once you comprehend MVC lots of things are so easy.

Top Bottom