1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Store Front

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Craig, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hello all.
    I am looking at selling stuff on my site, but I am not sure if there is an add on for that or how someone would go about doing. It would be a consignment style sales.

I welcome any suggestions and advise.

Thanks

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Well XenForo isn't a shopping cart application. You can setup a forum to discuss sales, but there is nothing to facilitate payment or anything like that.

3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

He wants something similar to what we run over at Xenique and XenFluence.

Jake Bunce and Craig like this.
  4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Yes, Forsaken. That is exactly what I am looking for. Where do I find that or create it?

5. Forsaken

It's not for sale currently, and has quite a bit of work needed before it's ready for sale.

We're using an extremely early alpha (Barely an alpha), so isn't ready for most usages.

Craig and Jake Bunce like this.
  6. Craig

Craig Active Member

I wonder if I can figure something out with word press in the mean time!

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Jake Bunce and Craig like this.
  8. Craig

Craig Active Member

9. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Is DP going to be releasing the addon? I didn't see him say that anywhere.

10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

More ...
    [​IMG]
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/original-xf-images.29966/page-2#post-343591
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/resources-xenforo-really-needs-to-have.34804/#post-435500

surfsup and Jake Bunce like this.
  11. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

So it isn't for sale then, I don't blame him, supporting something like that would sizzle any single humans brain.

12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

I've mentioned in other threads, that the marketplace system I've been building is going to just be for digitalpoint.com (both the auction system and the digital goods sale/distribution system). Internally it's a massive system that has all sorts of dependencies that I wouldn't want to try to support even getting it installed and running for people. Another huge reason is the whole system uses PayPal adaptive payments, which you need to go through a rigorous review process in order to even be able to use with your PayPal account. I'm not kidding about that either... We started the review process for our PayPal account back in January, and now in November it looks like we *might* be good to go within a few weeks. Now mainly waiting for someone at PayPal to get on our dev server and test payment flows and everything to make sure it's all working satisfactorily under their sandbox setup.

It's a crazy review process, but hopefully we will get all approved and we will be able to do some really cool things with it.

Jake Bunce, surfsup and ShadyX like this.
  13. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Dang! I could careless of getting support from the addon, let some of us have a chance of purchasing it! :) I could highly use this for my site and all I use is paypal anyways for our current store front (3rd party source)

14. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It wont work for you even if you have paypal. The adaptive payment system has taken 10 months and he still hasn't had a final approval from ppal yet to use it...and not for nothing his site is VERY well known and he is the person coding the application which means an average person who uses forum software such as you or myself would probably not get very far trying to apply for those paypal privileges.

He is not selling it because it just isn't very logical...it would be expensive more than likely because there is A LOT involved in his system and I respect him for not coming out and saying yeah it will be for sale and then people buy it and find out they can't get approved for the paypal functions that are a prerequisite to use the marketplace.

All that said...his marketplace app is super sexy.

To make sure i didn't misunderstand you...ready for sale and will be for sale is two different things :) is this something that when completed to your satisfaction will be released for the public purchase?

15. digitalpoint

It needs more than a normal/premier/business PayPal account. It needs a PayPal account with Adaptive Payments and Permissions Services enabled (and like I mentioned, the process to get that enabled onto account has been ongoing for 10 months now... And still not done).

Edit: EQ ninjaed me.

In addition, you would also be in dependency hell... The PayPal processing is handled by my "Third Party Accounts" addon, which doesn't have a mechanism to enabled/disable linking of certain account types. So you would also end up with the ability to link totally unrelated account types (which is for other things on my site). And THAT addon has some other dependencies on addons that have other dependencies. Just would be a support nightmare even if the PayPal review process was easy.

surfsup likes this.
  16. digitalpoint

Well... *finally* got "conditionally approved" from PayPal (whatever that means). For those that think this is an "easy" process, you should compare the original "submit time" vs. the date it was conditionally approved. 10 months to the day... lol

[​IMG]

Luis, EQnoble, Bob and 1 other person like this.
  17. Forsaken

10 months? That's fast by Paypal standards!

18. digitalpoint

Now if only the live app ID would work... :)

Apparently it takes "up to" 24 hours before it works after approval. {waits}

19. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I also created a shopping cart solution for xenforo with multiple payment options and order management. Once you comprehend MVC lots of things are so easy.

20. oman

oman Well-Known Member