Stop Staff / Admin Showing in "hidden forums" in Google Analytics

ExpertPixels.com

Hey all,

Not a massive issue.. just wondering how to go about preventing Google Analytics showing admin / staff from appearing in the "Google Analytics Real Time Overview" I have a forum setup as "Private Forums" that only display to Admins.. If any admins are in there they appear as a "Online Visitor" in the Google Analytics Dashboard.

I would also like to stop Admins / Mods being logged in full if possible ? Would this be controlled from the XF admin or the Google Analytics Settings ?

Just seems strange that a "Category & the Private Forums" that are for Admin's only can be tracked by Google Analytics.. This Category and Private forums within that are only visible to Admin's are not being indexed (which i the way i want it).. Just thought that if GA tracking can follow us in there then maybe it is possible that maybe someone / something else could track / find these url's and retrieve the content.

As mentioned it's no big deal, and i am sorry if this has been resolved elsewhere or was even worth posting.. Ive only just started playing with XF and have no idea if this is a XF or GA issue.. But any assistance on this matter would be of great help, Thank.

Regards, Darren

Hey all,

Not a massive issue.. just wondering how to go about preventing Google Analytics showing admin / staff from appearing in the "Google Analytics Real Time Overview" I have a forum setup as "Private Forums" that only display to Admins.. If any admins are in there they appear as a "Online Visitor" in the Google Analytics Dashboard.

I would also like to stop Admins / Mods being logged in full if possible ? Would this be controlled from the XF admin or the Google Analytics Settings ?

Just seems strange that a "Category & the Private Forums" that are for Admin's only can be tracked by Google Analytics.. This Category and Private forums within that are only visible to Admin's are not being indexed (which i the way i want it).. Just thought that if GA tracking can follow us in there then maybe it is possible that maybe someone / something else could track / find these url's and retrieve the content.

As mentioned it's no big deal, and i am sorry if this has been resolved elsewhere or was even worth posting.. Ive only just started playing with XF and have no idea if this is a XF or GA issue.. But any assistance on this matter would be of great help, Thank.

Regards, Darren
You could add node-specific conditionals within the google analytics code to strip it out on certain nodes. However, its able to follow since the code is present on all pages, and when Admin's load up the private nodes, its still present, thus able to access the information.

Ahh ok, Thanks for the info I do appreciate your feedback i was a little worried to be honest. So there is definitely no form of security flaw / nothing to stress about ?

Reading your reply it makes perfect sense how it's happening. I just need to be 100% this wasn't a issue that has been overlooked. I do also wish to block admin's appearing in the traffic stats for those pages so i will try your method and see how it goes, Thanks.

Top Bottom