• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Stop Spam Words

borbole

As requested here:

http://www.forumservices.eu/index.php?threads/stop-words-from-post.44/

This mod will allow you to choose word/words that you do not want to be posted in posts, threads, signatures and personal conversations. Those can be spam keywords, offensive words or any kind of words that you do not like to have at your forum. For example, it can be the url to your rival forums so they can not come at your forum and try to steal your members away by pming them the url to their forums. This will affect only users with a minimum number of posts set by you.

The mod is fully configurable at Acp->Options->Stop Spam Words. You can enable and disable the mod, set up the post number that an user must have so their posts will be scanned for spam words, enter your own custom error message separately for posts, threads, signatures and personal conversations.

By default it is set to 5 posts. You can exlude groups and/or individual users from this limit.

To exlude groups from the post count limit, go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass spam words restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To exlude individual users from the post count limit, go to User Permissions, choose the user/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass spam words restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To have a better idea as to how this mod looks like when being used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 10 dollars.

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Payment: Only through paypal and it is non refundable. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod file.

If you are interested in purchasing this mod then please contact me in private either here or at my own forum.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Edit Signature - XenForo_1305715465623.webp
    Edit Signature - XenForo_1305715465623.webp
    22 KB · Views: 108
  • Start a New Conversation - XenForo_1305715493246.webp
    Start a New Conversation - XenForo_1305715493246.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Thread - XenForo_1305716523090.webp
    Thread - XenForo_1305716523090.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 1 Admin CP - XenForo_1306943380603.webp
    1 Admin CP - XenForo_1306943380603.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 2 User Group Permissions- XenForo_1306943427193.webp
    2 User Group Permissions- XenForo_1306943427193.webp
    4 KB · Views: 102
This has user checking/override it looks like.

So once a member reaches a certain post count, their posts won't be checked and censored.

There is censoring function. What's different of this mod from default censoring?

I was just about to ask this exact question... except maybe URLs can't be censored?

The only difference is that this will stop the posts containing the words that you want to censor from going through and it affects only users with a minimum number of posts. I coded this for someone that requested it at my forum, who wanted it that way.

Top Bottom