Stop Forum Spam announce removal of Xen utilities users

How very awesome of them to revoke the XenForo users access without as much as a single comment posted here on XenForo... or more relevently in Jaxels thread and leave it to a 3rd party board / twitter to notify people.

Kudos to them...

How very awesome of them to revoke the XenForo users access without as much as a single comment posted here on XenForo... or more relevently in Jaxels thread and leave it to a 3rd party board / twitter to notify people.

Kudos to them...

It was first announced/made aware at adminextra so the author ventured there to answer/respond to questions which already existed which the author kindly made. (y)

They notified their followers and those people registered on their forum. You could argue that it was down to Jaxal to ensure his mod followed SFS's TOS, not up to them to chase him.
Not argue... it IS down to me to ensure the mod followed the ToS... the problem? They don't have one. The terms of the SFS API do not mention ANYTHING about pollution due to guilt-by-association:

http://www.stopforumspam.com/usage

So if this was a rule before this week and the massive spambot attacks across the web (which leads to many API pings from XenUtiles), it has never been formally stated.

It's ridiculous if SFS thinks XenUtiles should be responsible for finding and reading that.
Well.. I found it... so it obviously wasn't that difficult ;)

Seriously though, I just wanted to let people know and since SFS took some time out to post on AdX, I thought the quickest way to let everyone who uses the mod was to throw up a post here. :)

It's ridiculous if SFS thinks XenUtiles should be responsible for finding and reading that.

Agreed, they should include it in the official policy / documentation for their service on the main site. Not put it away on a support forum..

Almost makes me want to set up a service offering the same type of thing... I can already see several flaws in their system which would have made this whole escapade avoidable if they had put some more thought into it...

hmm....

Seriously though, I just wanted to let people know and since SFS took some time out to post on AdX, I thought the quickest way to let everyone who uses the mod was to throw up a post here. :)

Thanks az for originally alerting us very much appreciated. :)

Thanks az for originally alerting us very much appreciated. :)
You're welcome. Let's call it my good deed of the day.. now I can go back to being a ***** :D
I also have to say that it was Brogan who brought it to my attention, so I can't take credit for first noticing :D Still looking after us, even though he's not here!

TBH, people are not prone to go to the forums to find usage policies about the API, it should be a part of their terms or their API documentation.

TBH, people are not prone to go to the forums to find usage policies about the API, it should be a part of their terms or their API documentation.

To be truthful, whenever I use anything that has usage policies - I check announcements areas regularly for updates *shrug*

Top Bottom