Duplicate  Sticky on page 2

Jerry

Is it holding it's original place, as well as being sticky ?

Attachments

• sticky_on_page_two.webp
    sticky_on_page_two.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
I think someone mentioned that this is as designed. But I agree with you Jerry, that if the sticky's already at the top of the first page, it shouldn't appear again in what would be it's "non-sticky" postition. Just my opinion.

It's doing that as designed - we show stickies at the top of the first page and then again in their actual location within the thread list, unless that position is on the first page.

It's doing that as designed - we show stickies at the top of the first page and then again in their actual location within the thread list, unless that position is on the first page.

Fair enough. For the record, I don't personally like them "duplicated" like that, and seems to be slightly confusing to users, but at the same time it's not a big deal.

Makes sense. For us, 0ur stickies are really old, so they would be far down the list.

Nice feature.

We were actually having a discussion about this on IRC and guessed that's probably the reason.. and soon later, you reply. ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is going to make sense if you want to name it as the "sticky" feature. Perhaps it makes much more sense if you change the definition for “sticky”. ;)

I agree with MrBrian. It seems odd to show the sticky thread twice on the same page. I think there should just be a section at the top of the page for the stickies...

Top Bottom