[cXF] Sticky Navigation

[cXF] Sticky Navigation [Paid] 3.11.2

No permission to buy ($22.00)
I'm testing add-ons on test sites on live server. Maybe I'll take a look, but these days I'm really too busy.

BassMan updated Sticky Navigation [premium edition] with a new update entry:

What's new in version 3.2.1:
  • changed the code structure in some template modifications
  • some style properties definitions moved to Sticky Navigation [tabLinks] group
  • bug fix: close button for login form in reponsive view is now showing right
  • minor bug fix

How to upgrade:
  • you can only install the XML file, because no files in 'upload' folder have been changed

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks BassMan, but unfortunately if you have your addon installed you can't even import a backup of your site into xampp to check if the backup is ok let alone do any development work on your site on your local PC. This is a big show stopper for me and anyone else that doesn't have the opportunity to do what you do. I have a large site that has a norm of 150 logged in users, the db is 700meg and the site files are over 3gig. I can't copy such a huge site to a different live environment to do any work that I need to on the site:
1.webp

Thanks BassMan, but unfortunately if you have your addon installed you can't even import a backup of your site into xampp to check if the backup is ok let alone do any development work on your site on your local PC. This is a big show stopper for me and anyone else that doesn't have the opportunity to do what you do. I have a large site that has a norm of 150 logged in users, the db is 700meg and the site files are over 3gig. I can't copy such a huge site to a different live environment to do any work that I need to on the site:
View attachment 96401
Sorry, really not sure about this. Sticky Navigation is based only on template modifications with a few own templates. It does not affect any template directly. If it won't work (if your forum is too customized), you just won't see the sticky navigation or some other extra features.

Ok, fixed it with both installing the addon in a clean XF instance in xampps and also in importing a backup of a live site with the addon. I have increased 2 settings in the mySQL ini file:
innodb_buffer_pool_size =128M (originally was 16M)
innodb_log_file_size =32M (originally was 5M)

May be worthy to note if anyone else experiences the same error when installing the addon. In my xampps local PC install I actually increased those figures to 256 and 128 respectively and have no issues now

Hi @SoeHoe,

it's working fine on my site. Check your template modifications for this add-on. I believe you don't have green number here:

upload_2015-2-1_15-35-39.webp

Try changing the execution order to 9 for this tamplate (debug mode must be enabled).

Hi,

th eplugin works great, if I am logged in.

For guests the logo in the sticky bar isn't shown, but I want it so. I have enabled the sticky nav and set the logo and the scroll from top for guests to.

Is there any option I missed to set for guests?

Ah and the second navbar is shown for guests to, but I have enabled to hide the second nav bar..

Hi Adhen,

please PM me your purchase email and forum url. Thank you.

Regarding your issue: I assume not all numbers in template modifications for this add-on are green. Please check.

Updated again and working perfect.
This addon is great!
--
Hey @BassMan there are the possibility to made a personal customization? I have some idea, but I don't know if may be will be tricky to develop or expensive.
if you want I can share it here or via pm. you decide.
--
I'll review it again with five stars! ★★★★★

@SoeHoe , check Template Modifications for this add-on (not templates). Are all numbers green?

Tested again on my live site and it works fine:

sticky_1.gif

Are you using the latest version?

@SoeHoe , check Template Modifications for this add-on (not templates). Are all numbers green?

Tested again on my live site and it works fine:

View attachment 97171

Are you using the latest version?
Yes, I use latest version. This issue only happen to Forum tab. Other tabs are fine. I don't know how to check the template and how do change it, please give me an instruction.

I just check template modifications for this add on, all numbers are green.
cQXVg4C.png

SfvZV9W.png

Z4i9Hkj.png

Thanks @BassMan

Last edited:
Top Bottom