As designed  Stickies are not counted towards number of threads displayed per page

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The number of threads per page looks to be set to 20.

However, the Bug Reports and Discussions forums are displaying 21 as there is 1 sticky and the Suggestions forums is displaying 22 as there are 2 stickies.

Shouldn't stickies be counted towards the total number of threads displayed?

This may be by design.

I seen forums with lots of stickies (in certain categories), so if you subtract the number of stickies from the number of threads, then there may be only a couple of non-stuck threads to display. And if you compensate by increasing the numer of threads to display, then other categories with little or no stickies may have more threads listed than is desired by the Admin.

This may be by design.

I seen forums with lots of stickies (in certain categories), so if you subtract the number of stickies from the number of threads, then there may be only a couple of non-stuck threads to display. And if you compensate by increasing the numer of threads to display, then other categories with little or no stickies may have more threads listed than is desired by the Admin.

^ Ah, that makes sense.

It varies between software so yes, it could be by design.

I guess Kier or Mike will confirm one way or the other.

This is the standard approach. Doing anything else makes calculation of further pages much harder as you have to know how many stickies there are (that you can see).

Top Bottom