1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Stickies: a main repository?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by creativeforge, Aug 18, 2015.

1. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

I've been trying to find a way to have all stickies also show in one section/thread where someone could browse them. Right now they only show on the thread they were created to be.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Andre

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could create a single thread as a sticky and in the first post enter the URLs for all of the other sticky threads.

creativeforge likes this.
  3. creativeforge

Hmmm... yes, but with over half a million messages... I was hoping for a search function, or an addon?

Thanks Brogan,

Andre

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I can work this out for you if you can provide me by convo a specific way you would like it to function and an accompanying budget

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  5. creativeforge

Thank you for the offer, maybe I'll end up contacting you if I don't find another way...

Regards,

Andre

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

7. creativeforge

Alfa1 - how would you use it?

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Make a select number of important threads featured per forum node and show these in the same forum node. Additionally you can make all featured threads available for browsing on a dedicated page. Featured threads has this built in. Its a very good addon. Stickies can still be used but featured threads are more prominent.