Sterling price of Xenforo

DaveL

Do you have a set sterling price for Xenforo?

I know paypal etc can do the conversion from £ to $, but you dont get such a good rate, and considering XenForo is a UK based company, I thought you may have put a sterling price alongside the dollar.

I know, thats why I was asking if they were going to release a Sterling price. Considering Xenforo is a UK company, I wouldnt have thought it would have been too difficult to have a sterling price alongside the dollar price.

It was discussed in another thread, I forget where it was now.

I can't remember if there was an official response to why it's USD but it was felt by the community that USD is kind of like the industry standard and the currency of the majority of customers will be USD.

The trouble with having GBP & USD side by side is the conversion rates change daily, short of keep altering the GBP price each day there would be times when it would be either too high or too low compared to the current exchange rate.

I can see your point, but the fact Xenforo is a UK based company, I would have thought it wouldnt have been difficult to put up a sterling price. Its going to cost us Brits more because of paypal conversions to purchase a UK product.

Companies such as Vbulletin and IPB manage to have Sterling, Euro and Dollar side by side. The prices remain the same regardless of the exchange rate.

I see your point though, UK company, UK pricing...makes sense. However, as mentioned previously US$ seems to be the standard. You really need to keep an eye on the exchange rate. The US dollar bounces quite frequently. Look at it this way, when their dollar dips, you save $$!. On a side note that is usually when I do most of my cross border internet shopping, then the wife throws me into PayPal jail...it's a vicious circle.

I can see your point, but the fact Xenforo is a UK based company, I would have thought it wouldnt have been difficult to put up a sterling price. Its going to cost us Brits more because of paypal conversions to purchase a UK product.

Companies such as Vbulletin and IPB manage to have Sterling, Euro and Dollar side by side. The prices remain the same regardless of the exchange rate.

Durring my tests I found it was more expensive to purchase vBulletin in Sterling than it was to purchase in USD and let paypal convert it... I know this isn't always going to be the case sometimes it will work out cheaper for you but this is the problem its easier for them to simply put up a single price in USD as most of their sales will be in USD and so everyone pays the same.

Hate the fact that the only option they have provided is US dollars. I don't disagree with the fact that industry standard is $ and most business would be coming from overseas but one would have hoped that being a british company, sterling pound would be a payment option.

Why people fail to understand small little things is totally beyond me!

Hate the fact that the only option they have provided is US dollars. I don't disagree with the fact that industry standard is $ and most business would be coming from overseas but one would have hoped that being a british company, sterling pound would be a payment option.

Why people fail to understand small little things is totally beyond me!

I don't get why it matters... (I am UK based myself) and when I do my tax return I just put in what I actually paid in GBP because when it leaves my bank account/card it will leave in GBP, paypal will deal with the conversion rate.

Top Bottom