Staying on Xenforo 1 or Upgrading

Upgrading or Staying

• Upgrading to Xenforo 2

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Staying on Xenforo 1

Votes: 30 28.8%

• Total voters

KawaiiHannah

So I decided till all my add-ons are ported to xenforo 2 I'm staying with xenforo one still works miss a couple features xenforo 2 offer but the amount of plugins xenforo 1 has is superior

So question: Are you staying with xenforo 1 or Upgrading to 2

Actually I really was thinking of upgrading one of my pretty new and unbusy forum to XF2. I really like what XF staff did with this forum software. Maybe some new features to XFRM would be great, but ok...

The main one will stay on XF1 until at least the RSS filter add-on is published...

For me it has made me look at the addons and think "do I really really need that?"
True I love what they did and I can't wait to upgrade oncs a few core add-ons we use on the site are upgraded we will take the plunge

Actually I really was thinking of upgrading one of my pretty new and unbusy forum to XF2.
The main one will stay on XF1 until at least the RSS filter add-on is published...
Same it's a few add-ons that are holding me back from upgrading hopefully soon they are ported or I can get a new add-on for it :)

We will update when the stable version comes out, I already made the port of the styles and all the template modifications, some add-ons that we use are no longer necessary and others are not indispensable.

As of right now I'm planning on sticking with XF 1.5 on both of my forums. I'll wait until I can see the Admin CP on the demo site before making the final decision. Call me crazy but I like the out of the box skin on XF1 and really don't like the skin and layout of XF2. I like the new features of XF2 but the look of it doesn't do it for me.

As of right now I'm planning on sticking with XF 1.5 on both of my forums. I'll wait until I can see the Admin CP on the demo site before making the final decision. Call me crazy but I like the out of the box skin on XF1 and really don't like the skin and layout of XF2. I like the new features of XF2 but the look of it doesn't do it for me.
Skins are easy to customize we use @ThemeHouse UI.X theme and customize it to the site and can easily change colors. Im not a fan of the default 1.5 theme

I plan to upgrade once a stable version is released. But I'll be waiting on my style creator themescorp to finish their styles for Xenforo 2 before making the switch. Hopefully it doesn't take a long time for them to do this. Anyways I think upgrading is worth it if you can let some of your add-ons go or get them ported.

I'm staying. I have spent way too many hours customizing the look of my forums. Also, like some have mentioned, the add-ons. I'm also not savvy enough to do it.
Same here even though I use a theme I gave heavly customized it and heavly customized our extra.css and phrases

it and heavly customized our extra.css and phrases

Can you recustimize it after copy and past the extra.scc in XF2? I like XF2, but i'm still waiting for some adds.
On my testforum i can test some customizing and re-install it if it do'nt work.
My live-forum is still running on 1.5.15.

Can you recustimize it after copy and past the extra.scc in XF2? I like XF2, but i'm still waiting for some adds.
On my testforum i can test some customizing and re-install it if it do'nt work.
My live-forum is still running on 1.5.15.
Ya you can but time and rnergey I don't have xD

No, I won't be upgrading my current site - I've invested too much time in customizing it. It functions the way it is.

I'm working on a new website which will use XF2 and I'll probably set up a test site to play around with XF2 once it is released, much like I did with XF1.

No, I won't be upgrading my current site - I've invested too much time in customizing it. It functions the way it is.

I'm working on a new website which will use XF2 and I'll probably set up a test site to play around with XF2 once it is released, much like I did with XF1.

you have really worked a hell lot on your forum and switching to XF2 may disturb the beauty.

Top Bottom