Status comments sidebar

Stimo

Is there anyway to allow comments to be added in the sidebar to statuses? or an addon for it to do so?

You have three options!

There's XenPorta which includes with it a RecentStatus block which can be added to the sidebar.
There's this add-on here which is old, but apparently still works: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/recentstatus.7275/
Or there's this add-on which I recommend highly: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

The Widget Framework allows you to easily modify the look of your sidebar and re-order the position of the Widgets. There's also add-ons released that can add functionality to the sidebar as well as the ability to create your own widgets.

If you go to Admin CP > XenPorta > Blocks you will see that there is a Status Updates block.

You would just need to add this to your desired position using the Customized Layout options.

Sorry :(

I should learn to read properly!

You want to be able to comment on the statuses. I read it as wanting to display status updates and allow new status updates to be added.

I will take a look at a solution for you :)

Sorry :(

I should learn to read properly!

You want to be able to comment on the statuses. I read it as wanting to display status updates and allow new status updates to be added.

I will take a look at a solution for you :)
haha no problem, i appreciate your support and look forward to a solution :)

I believe this will require a significant code modification or new add-on to be written for it to work.

I might not be able to look into it properly now until later, but anyone else is welcome to find a solution :)

I believe this will require a significant code modification or new add-on to be written for it to work.

I might not be able to look into it properly now until later, but anyone else is welcome to find a solution :)
I assume nothing yet? :(

This is one thing on IPB i love...you can easily just comment in the status feed. With XF, you can read the status but to comment you have to go directly to that person's profile to comment so it gives you an extra step.

Hopefully someone will come up with an add-on to knock the extra steps out the way :)

Top Bottom