Startups Forum - A forum for startups or businesses

Carlos

Okay, after a while attending startups events, I became tired, growing tired of being stuck in a "box" of sorts. I currently have 3 business groups that I attend, or 3 events that I attend. I wanted to find a better event to attend to. And for this reason, I started StartupsForum.net

Right now, it's rough around edges, and having a hard time figuring out how to get it rolling. I have the connections, but not the incentive to startups right now, and I am working on that. I realize the logo isn't "unique" as they say... but I'm holding a contest for the best business logo for the site.

Still comtemplating, but the original idea was to hold the contest at my site in conjunction to an event. However, I'm willing to take any offer to make a logo. I have a rough draft of the logo designed.

SForumDraft.webp

Thing is, I don't know how to do this in photoshop. I have the ideas brewing in my head, but I don't know how to accomplish the end result. :(

Last edited:
The theme is nice for the niche, clear and professional. I'm surprised to read in your posts there aren't many good communities for start-ups, you'd think it would be very popular these days. You certainly have the motivation required, if you're trying to fix this. Anyway, good luck.

The theme is nice for the niche, clear and professional. I'm surprised to read in your posts there aren't many good communities for start-ups, you'd think it would be very popular these days. You certainly have the motivation required, if you're trying to fix this. Anyway, good luck.
I basically said the same exact thing!

When I type in Startups Forum, or Business Forum (on google), it looks empty. They either lead you to articles by business scribes, and not business forums. Then I tried the top domains in those spaces, they're either directing you to nude sites (wtf?), and others are closed.

Can I please have the PSD (with transparent background) file and (transparent) PNG image for #3?

I like #3.

Still comtemplating, but the original idea was to hold the contest at my site in conjunction to an event. However, I'm willing to take any offer to make a logo. I have a rough draft of the logo designed.

View attachment 85633

Thing is, I don't know how to do this in photoshop. I have the ideas brewing in my head, but I don't know how to accomplish the end result. :(

That design could be done in about 20 minutes using the Pen tool (svg format) allowing it not only to be used as a logo, but t-shirts, coffee mugs even your CEO suit if you so desired. I remember doing something similar for someone several months back where they used it on many merchandise. It's worth paying for a quality design and keeping in mind that it should be versatile to be used on other areas of your site and merchandise and other misc physical objects.

Nice style btw needs some enhancements and having your own "brand" personal touch to it.

Last edited:
Curious, will you soon be adding content?

I'd like to see where this goes, but without any postssince the 23rd of Sept, I don't see it taking off anytime soon.

Curious, will you soon be adding content?

I'd like to see where this goes, but without any postssince the 23rd of Sept, I don't see it taking off anytime soon.
If you don't like my methods, here's an idea: Get out of my threads and leave me alone. I'll add content, images, and whatnot when I have come up with a solution. You have never been faithful to any one of my projects, and continue to drag me down with your negativity. "Oh, I don't see it taking off anytime soon." I don't care what you think!
I would remove the CarlosX360 links in the footer too.. The site is nothing about gaming nor does it appear your network is funding start ups.
And, as for you: I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. Also, a lot of companies are doing this.

Carlos, might I give some advice. If you don't care what they think at all, why not simply put them on ignore then? Does more harm to your own thread by you responding this way.
I take constructive criticism. But saying "Oh, I don't see this taking off because there's nothing here." He and Edge both do this meticulously to hurt me.

Sheldon got my threads locked twice, without giving any thought to how I felt about it. Mr. Edge dragged my name into mud, saying I'm dumb for doing "x" move, and "x" action, etc.

You, you don't. That's the difference.

I take constructive criticism. But saying "Oh, I don't see this taking off because there's nothing here." He and Edge both do this meticulously to hurt me.

You, you don't. That's the difference.

Exactly my point, if you get so frustrated over their posts and they bring nothing to the table(as you feel) then why not ignore them and save the frustration.

Exactly my point, if you get so frustrated over their posts and they bring nothing to the table(as you feel) then why not ignore them and save the frustration.
Its in my threads. And reporting them won't work.

I just wish people would just have common sense.

Let me put it this way, Russ - leaving negative comments on my threads is kind of like drawing graffiti on a bathroom stall, or outside a buidling - for everyone to see.

And the thing is; I specifically said keep things professional. Nobody listened, because they don't have the common sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom