Start a forum in year 2017? Are you crazy?!

And I think you are nuts. No way that statement is true.
Many millennials don't use Facebook anymore and people under 18 aren't even making accounts there. From what I've heard, things like Instagram are popular with younger people instead. So not exactly like the tides are turning back to forums, but maybe there will be a gap that needs to be filled if FB-use continues in this direction. After all, Instagram doesn't seem like a useful platform for having a discussion with multiple people.

And I think you are nuts. No way that statement is true.
I don't consider myself "younger" anymore, but I permanently deleted my facebook account earlier this year. A number of people around my age have as well. Many of us were among the last members of the college-only generation of facebook, before they started letting everyone in. Facebook has become increasingly unpopular due to how information is delivered and what information is delivered; from being biased to flat out false. So, while I don't think it's quite dying yet, there are definitely a lot of people no longer using it.

forum are a source of knowledge while facebook mmmmmhh:unsure: nothing is funny in facebook groups apart from "hey watch me on cam show tonight "

Google doesn't trust UGC where there aren't post rating controls like up down voting. They prefer Q&A sites because there is a single or best answer. Forums are just meandering discussions where finding good information is an absolute chore. The real question we need to ask ourselves is whether the next generation is going to want to use forums or will forums become the next usenet news group while the kids on their phones use snapchat etc.
i love your forum more educative ... i wish I was into science a lot

Top Bottom