stan's thread (split from lawsuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like please for Stan's topic about being locked out of various threads, together with posts replying on this topic, to be moved to become an independent thread.
Stan's discontents deserve respect. But that is not part of this court case thread.

Reactions: Cal
Look I am just trying to warn users about what they can and not post on this subject without getting punished. I used my ability to post as an example. I am a MULTIPLE LICENSE OWNER with BRAND FREE. So no one is exempt. I did not mean to move this off topic. The topic is the lawsuit and the lack of development which I am 100% against. If you wont develop then stop taking orders, bottom line. But please know my intention was to warn about posting negative responses in this thread. DO not attack me when I am trying to help

Stan remember you are only seeing a scant portion of the reality of this lawsuit. If there is one thing I've learned as I get older... things aren't always as they seem.

They will not limit you unless you appear to have been speaking with the purpose of instilling mayhem or just outright trolling. If you feel slighted...I sympathize...but there is a bottom line here.

People don't need warnings here from other community members....that is what moderators are for....opinions are one thing...but you said you want your money back and links were given to you to initiate the needed sequence of events for that to happen and you continue to warn people....this is not about your problem this is about you not being an admin here like at one of your own forums and you taking offense to something that you don't have control over. Moderation is handled by admins and those delegated the power to do so with sound reasoning.

I agree one should be careful in what they post...no different than one should be careful what they say when they are at dinner with their in-laws...it is common sense. To tell people to be careful as another member here in the way you did is just going to look like you're complaining...a lot of people such as myself have spent a lot of time on these forums and truth be told some things have been washed rinsed and repeated way to many times for comfort.

Again I am happy for you and us the community here if you support xenforo and wish you the best of luck with your endevors....and I wish you just the same luck even if you don't support xenforo in the name of humanity.

As far as
Look I am just trying to warn users about what they can and not post on this subject without getting punished. I used my ability to post as an example. I am a MULTIPLE LICENSE OWNER with BRAND FREE. So no one is exempt. I did not mean to move this off topic. The topic is the lawsuit and the lack of development which I am 100% against. If you wont develop then stop taking orders, bottom line. But please know my intention was to warn about posting negative responses in this thread. DO not attack me when I am trying to help

Totally out of line....they can do business as they please...and I know for a fact even without another update many people would still use this product....telling them how to run their business and suggesting they take a course of action which would fulfill the entire purpose of the lawsuit against them is just crazy and equals giving up. In fact you telling them what to do in the way you did....is actually you attacking xf at their expense as well as the rest of the community ..... I hope as a person who runs so many forums you can understand this.

Stan in all honesty I left VB because of the their forum members and if I had experienced that same crap here, I would have left a long time ago. I haven't yet. I was moderated once and fully expected and deserved it so I think they are very relaxed about opinions and comments here. Believe me, I've tested their limits I'm sure. LOL

Have you tried poptarts? ;):p:D They do wonders for nerves. LOL

I agree, VB members can be a bit aggressive. But please note they have an active community with plugins. Maybe 100k more plugins. I dont even want to get into the lack of support within this thread. Really my main beef is the "SHUT THE HELL UP STAN DONT TALK ABOUT OUR LACK OF DEVELOPMENT". Dont shut me up fix the problem.

Yes we have a lawsuit. And in this thread we discuss not developing. I am not going off topic I am stating the facts. Maybe some mod made a mistake to limit me. But again we come back to the lawsuit, The lack of development and the fact they still take orders on a product that has no real development. Lets get this straight. I am not a XF hater, If I was I wouldnt have paid my money to buy multiple licenses.

I agree, VB members can be a bit aggressive. But please note they have an active community with plugins. Maybe 100k more plugins. I dont even want to get into the lack of support within this thread. Really my main beef is the "SHUT THE HELL UP STAN DONT TALK ABOUT OUR LACK OF DEVELOPMENT". Dont shut me up fix the problem.

Yes we have a lawsuit. And in this thread we discuss not developing. I am not going off topic I am stating the facts. Maybe some mod made a mistake to limit me. But again we come back to the lawsuit, The lack of development and the fact they still take orders on a product that has no real development. Lets get this straight. I am not a XF hater, If I was I wouldnt have paid my money to buy multiple licenses.

SHUT THE HELL UP STAN, DON'T TALK ABOUT THE LACK OF DEVELOPMENT, WE ARE ALREADY AWARE OF IT.

Did I do it right?

The information about what is going on re the court case and development has been stated clearly and openly.
The deal is we use XF (if we wish) as it is now.
Plus there is plenty of support if we need it but no new development due to the court case.
No one is being deceived or ripped off because this is all common knowledge not only here but on many other forums and blogs. So there is no need to stop selling it.

Once the case is cleared KAM (the XF developers) can come up for air, and look at getting back to work on XF. I totally understand that they cannot talk about that right now because right now their world is the case, and winning it.
That concluding event is now very close upon us (again stated many times) Nov 5, maybe Jan 15.

It is vanishingly unlikely that they won't continue and update XF after the case. It's their baby and they've fought for it. Moreover the clincher is that coding is what they DO! They eat it and breathe it!
If they didn't do XF what else? Start another new forum software? What for when they have` an excellent one which has established itself, got past its tricky first stages, and has a strong loyal following. The case has actually helped make it famous! Gold PR.

Stan, use XF or don't use it. But please don't try to dominate others' choice about it. The necessary info to assess XF and choose to use it or not is easy to find. Admins are not (generally) stupid.
We can judge this for ourselves. We don't need to be told what to do.

something like that.....homemade ones are pretty good..the store bought stuff is typical food-corp...

bg.jpg

Guys, this thread is on offtopic because he can´t create a thread on another section, so please be aware of it and talk about the first post he made.

The title is wrong, but that doesn´t mean that is the main reason of this post. The main here is that somebody disabled his posting ability on most forums because he stated his disappointment on development.

Please, some of you love to waste time on offtopic sections, but this is serious situation (at least for me). I would like to hear some staff opinion and check what is going wrong.

The action to talk about a refund, bad behaviour or situation like this help to understand all about a community. With threads like this one, we can learn in which community we are and who is doing things bad.

Sorry but many people have disagreed with the development including myself and I'm still free to roam. I don't know the whole story but if he's inside the pre-sale forum telling everyone not to buy XF, then I would limit him there too.

If he can't educate users in a mature manner then he shouldn't be allowed to talk in there.

Great way to handle presale:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/some-questions-from-a-long-time-vb-user.36188/#post-414215

Again I haven't seen the original deleted content.

Stan most likely the thread you tried to post in, was closed after the page was loaded in your browser. Which meant that you had the editor show up first but when you tried to post, it gave you a permission error.

I do not understand people's preference to assume the worst as the first option. There are always many number of reasons why something can go wrong. Assuming the worst as the first possibility, reflects badly on yourself to others.

I clicked this thread because of the title. So if Mods can at least change the title, it would help other people from getting misled.

Okay guys. Look it seems I am able to post again. XENFORO replied to my ticket saying I was not limited in anyway. I posted my errors. If the threads were closed (THEY WERENT) I would not have gotten those errors. But anyway the issue is resolved now. I think someone did not know how to handle my complaints and just limit me.

Regardless I was not trolling I was latching onto to threads which mentioned lack of development and I continued on that aspect of the thread. Yes the last one was in regards to the Lawsuit but the second most import part about the thread was the UPDATING ISSUE. Which I addressed. If you think I am a troll or an off topic assface that's okay but know I was not trying to go off topic. Last year I can see you hating on my threads when XF had some momentum. But really where are we now? No updates, no third party mods, No themes? Really what is XF now after a few years? No where? We have a cool Ajax login popin. Okay? Im being serious.. VB, IBF, SMF, MYBB.. All really have a better product. Or if you want to say they don't how about a better development core and third party resources?

I bought this product thinking it was the next big VB. What it turned into was nothing more that some off brand forum. Think about it? No third party, No development, doesn't this sound like a Russian company making Fivver clones?

Anyway look go over my previous posts, I am not a XF hater. I am not a Troll.. I was willing to help with the development of a Arcade for this damn Forum so I could migrate one of my larger sites to it. That site has still not been migrated and I bought the license and branding free for it.

Call me a Hater but I am a realist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom