Standard Terms of Service - Example [Deleted]

Adam Howard

TheVisitors submitted a new resource:

Standard Terms of Service - Example (version 1.0) - Educational Document Only

WARNING: This document is provided as a guide for educational reasons only. You may use this document at your own risk, but if you elect /decide to do so, you are highly recommended to seek your own legal counsel in advance before actually using this document, as International Laws vary and change often and this "document example" maybe invalid for you.

I am NOT a legal advisor, counsel, officer of the court, associated with any government branch of justice, or any member of council or an orginization authorized to provide any legal aid, services, or advise and provide this only as an example for educational use as a basic example.

Warranty: NONE / Zero / Not available
Support: NO SUPPORT, commentary discussion only and self-opinion.
License: Free Open Source

While this document was evaluated by my own legal counsel, it is only provided as an example of an Terms of Service.

To my very limited knowledge, it is accurate at the time of this posting and theoretically valid, but not guaranteed in any way.

If it was theoretically used you would need to change the document to reflect YOU.

Attached is both a filled in working example and an empty template example so that you may compare side by side for your own educational needs.

I would suggest a program such as WinMerge as to be able to compare both examples side by side.

Warranty: NONE / Zero / Not available
Support: NO SUPPORT, commentary discussion only and self-opinion.
License: Free Open Source

Read more about this resource...

I know it's just an example, but could you perhaps use HTML5/CSS3 like XenForo?
Blocks of text aren't in paragraphs, <font> is used, stuff like that.
Did you copy/paste this from somewhere or write it all yourself?
It's quite extensive, with focus on communities. Nicely done.

I know it's just an example, but could you perhaps use HTML5/CSS3 like XenForo?
Blocks of text aren't in paragraphs, <font> is used, stuff like that.
Did you copy/paste this from somewhere or write it all yourself?
It's quite extensive, with focus on communities. Nicely done.
From my limited understanding, it has to be very basic and accessible to everyone. This would imply that even someone using a much older computer with older technology (browser). So simple HTML or Text is suggested.

I wrote the base of it, but my own personal legal advisor completed the vast majority (98%).

Not bad, but the following was also given legal review, in addition to being based on some online versions (it's the one we use on all my forums):

You must not post, attach or link to any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, offensive, abusive, threatening, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racist, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International laws and regulations. You must not post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, p***, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are forbidden on this forum.

Please do not post the same discussion more than once. Duplicate threads are annoying for other community members, especially for those whose time is limited. Duplicate discussions will be deleted without notice.

Forum staff and owner(s), also known as moderators and administrator(s), cannot warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or the forum owner(s).

Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner(s) of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, so please understand that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

Question: I noticed you listed this as Open Source. Does that mean I can use this in another modification, add-on, template, skin, or 3rd party product of my own design, to release and distribute?

Answer: YES. When labelled as such (almost all of my resources are), you are completely free to use whatever free open source I have shared. However, please give credit where is it due (as with any other open source code). :)

A small opinion and not a suggestion, but simply only an observation on some advise which I was given, which may or may not be valid for YOU; is that you may want to remember to update the copyright date if you included it and IF it applies to YOU.

Something I personally do just before the new year.

TheVisitors updated Standard Terms of Service - Example with a new update entry:

Comment reference update only

WARNING: This document is provided as a guide for educational reasons only. You may use this document at your own risk, but if you elect /decide to do so, you are highly recommended to seek your own legal counsel in advance before actually using this document, as International Laws vary and change often and this "document example" maybe invalid for you.

I am NOT a legal advisor,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A small opinion and not a suggestion, but simply only an observation on some advise which I was given, which may or may not be valid for YOU; is that you may want to remember to update the copyright date if you included it and IF it applies to YOU.

Something I personally do just before the new year.

Code the date in php and you'll never have to change it. :)
PHP:
Copyright <? echo date("Y"); ?>

Question:

When was this released?

Answer:

This document example was originally released only here for public educational reasons on April 18, 2012. The document example was updated on December 30, 2012. You can download and compare by visiting the version information tab provided by XenForo's Resource Manager here on XenForo.com

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/standard-terms-of-service-example.622/history

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 14
Adam Howard updated Standard Terms of Service - Example with a new update entry:

date change and doucement type change

I am NOT a legal advisor,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Short summery of this update in simple English:

I changed this example document from 2013 to 2014 and the document code standard from iso-8859-1 to UTF-8

Top Bottom