XF 1.5 Staff posts

CarpCharacin

I set it in the CSS for staff users' postbit to be blue. It does not show up blue next to the quick reply box. I have attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• postbit.webp
    postbit.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 15
Well there is certain data that is only available to certain templates. What makes the normal messages work for your background colors is this bit of code. It adds a class you can target with CSS which I assume you've done already.
Code:
{xen:if '{$message.is_staff}', 'staff'}

Using that code in the template that generates the user info by the quick reply is the message_user_info template. That data for that conditional above isn't passed to the message_user_info template. Make more sense?

Well there is certain data that is only available to certain templates. What makes the normal messages work for your background colors is this bit of code. It adds a class you can target with CSS which I assume you've done already.
Code:
{xen:if '{$message.is_staff}', 'staff'}

Using that code in the template that generates the user info by the quick reply is the message_user_info template. That data for that conditional above isn't passed to the message_user_info template. Make more sense?
So should I have that code in the template?

In my opinion I wouldn't worry about the quick reply background, it doesn't represent anything to the user if they know they are staff. The point of doing the messages is to make staff posts stand out from others. And again that code doesn't work where it would need to be, and adding anything else would duplicate it in the regular messages as it uses the same template. If you're not familiar with how things work it is kind of hard to explain it any better.

Top Bottom