XF 2.0 Staff online

They share the same data so it's wasteful to have them in separate widgets for the general case. If you require something different, you'd have to create your own widget.

You can edit the widget_members_online template.

Yes @AndyB , this seems like the logical thing to do. I find myself editing all kinds of templates on XF1 already. This would be a problem for myself actually because I'd want to place members online at the very bottom of the sidebar or close to that area and have staff online up top. I edited a template similar in XF1 to achieve this.

You could simply erase the data for members online and keep the staff code. Assuming it's similar to the XF1 structure with the 2 being separate entities in the code. It may require deleting some code or what I did in XF1 is edit the forum_list template and rearranged and added a few things.

I also agree that it should be separate. Surprised @Chris D was one to disagree seeing as you brought it up. I haven't upgraded yet but any type of widget in my opinion regardless of type should be separate. Otherwise rearranging them (hence my problem after finding this out) requires template editing. Either way you look at it editing templates is something that should be natural to you by now so it should be any easy fix.

Anyway good luck @Chris D and I respect that's the way you've designed it. Anyways I'm looking forward to the official release and getting to use the software myself. Very excited about it

Top Bottom