1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Staff hiding online status

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Rum Runner Entertainment, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Rum Runner Entertainment

Rum Runner Entertainment Active Member

One question, how come if some staff try to hid their online status, they are still visible? I can see them and I believe the rest of the staff can too. Is there a way to change this if you understand what I mean.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Any user group with the "Bypass user privacy" permission set to "Allow" will see invisible members.

3. Rum Runner Entertainment

Oh alright. Thank you.

4. Rum Runner Entertainment

Wait, but I remember not being able to see any of my fellow administrators when they were hiding their online status, and for some reason now, I can.

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Your permissions must have changed, or they weren't online.

Amaury likes this.
  6. Rum Runner Entertainment

7. Rum Runner Entertainment

One more thing, I apologize. Shouldn't it be set up differently for staff? I'm not necessarily talking about "members' in general, but rather more regarding the staff I have on my forums.

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Different how?

9. Rum Runner Entertainment

Well, as an example, my staff and would be able to see regular members hiding their online status, but I wouldn't be bale to see my fellow administrator when he is on. How is this possible if this controlled in the user group section. It makes sense, but not in this ^ way.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is nothing different. If you can bypass privacy, you will be able to see the administrator when they are online and invisible as well.

11. Rum Runner Entertainment

Alright, just something I wanted to make sure of. Thank you.