SSL Login

SSL Login 1.2

No permission to download

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

SSL Login - Allows protecting login/register pages by SSL keeping other pages non-secure

As announced by Google, Google Chrome will show "Not secure" warning on websites having password fields on pages not protected by SSL. The solution is, of course, to migrate your forums to be served using HTTPS protocol. This is unfortunately not always possible, as switching to SSL requires all website resources to load under secure protocol as well, and for some websites, especially the ones having...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

Why this? Also google and co will see full SSL - or not? What is the intention to reduce SSL?

Hello,

Why this? Also google and co will see full SSL - or not? What is the intention to reduce SSL?

As stated in the announcement from Google, you shouldn't have password fields on non-secure pages. This add-on makes sure your users submit their passwords on secure pages, but can browse the forums using non-secure protocol. The possible reasons to use the add-on are listed in add-on's description (too many images linked from other non-secure domains etc.)

Ok, but google says also, a ssl site is a good marketing point for most members. When a member comes to your site or my site and see that the ssl is switching on/off ... I think thats not so good.

But I understand why you will use it. :)

AddonsLab updated SSL Login with a new update entry:

SSL Login redirection fix

This release fixes the bug allowing some non-protected pages to be accessed under https protocol. Also, the option to allow secure controllers will work for logged-in users only, preventing the wrong usage of the option that could harm your search engine ranking.

Please re-upload product files and re-import the XML file to apply the fix.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there any way to have us just load a login box? When I turn on SSL I have issues since my graphics and scripts are coming from non SSL cloud servers and so people are getting error messages that the entire page is not secure. If this could do that it would be AWESOME! :)

Is there any way to have us just load a login box? When I turn on SSL I have issues since my graphics and scripts are coming from non SSL cloud servers and so people are getting error messages that the entire page is not secure. If this could do that it would be AWESOME! :)

I think this breaks the purpose of the product, which is to avoid having password fields on non-secure pages. Google can run JavaScript on the page and detect the popup being opened and containing password fields. You should consider making your login page valid under SSL and allow your users to use secure connection to submit their password.

Top Bottom