SSL cert providers

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Hey,

Keep it simple, I have had a customer come to me asking for an SSL certificate for their site as they want to handle credit card payments via the site.

Now, I have always used Verisign myself, but they are considerably more expensive than other SSL providers, eg http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ssl-certif...d:6014706626&gclid=CP7ztr7yvq0CFUUPfAodnj9lAg offering SSL for £9.99 a year.

Has anyone got any experience with other providers and would reccommend them?

Still under goes the same process. We had to have an official letter from the accountant or solicitor, citing all the company information was correct, then they still did company data checks to ascertain the validity of business registration information, etc etc. It took a couple of weeks all because the phone number had changed and wasn't updated with ASIC here... so its no different. You won't get green bar without going through that exact process, regardless who the provider is... its the process, not the provider, that is the relevancy of the green bar.

Still under goes the same process. We had to have an official letter from the accountant or solicitor, citing all the company information was correct, then they still did company data checks to ascertain the validity of business registration information, etc etc. It took a couple of weeks all because the phone number had changed and wasn't updated with ASIC here... so its no different. You won't get green bar without going through that exact process, regardless who the provider is... its the process, not the provider, that is the relevancy of the green bar.
I own a LLC so would be nice to know what paperwork is required. Did you go through this, Anthony?

Yes, a full company verification process under my wife's company, which is a Pty Ltd company.

In Australia, you have a business, then you have a company. Business is state only, company is National and its own entity.

I own a LLC so would be nice to know what paperwork is required. Did you go through this, Anthony?
Not sure where you're located but here in the US I used DigiCert.com. If I remember right I just had to email them a couple docs about the business and they verified it with my state. Was very painless. They also have great (US based) phone support.

Top Bottom