[SSD] User Group Badges [Paid] [Deleted]

Stolen Sheep Design submitted a new resource:

[SSD] User Group Badges - Banner, Badges or Both, you decide.

This add-on will give you the option to use Banners, Badges or both in your postbit, you have the option to use Font Awesome icons or your own images for the badges.

Banners can be displayed above or below your badges, badges will appear on the Member Card and Profile Page, you have the option to disable these.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Upload the content of the 'upload' folder.
2. Install the XML.
3. Set your options in [SSD] User Group Badges.
4. Set up your User Groups with...

Read more about this resource...

Any quick tips on how to use FA icons? I've tried straight FA CSS classes and variations without success.

Also it appears to still show the banner and the glyph (or in my case question mark). I thought badges would replace the banners where applicable. Could be user error, it's late and I'm impatient. :)

EDIT: Figured out glyphs, but I guess I may have misunderstood how this works. I thought I could selectively mix and match badges and banners, doesn't seem possible at this stage i.e. keep certain banners and use badges for others.

Last edited:
Any quick tips on how to use FA icons? I've tried straight FA CSS classes and variations without success.

Also it appears to still show the banner and the glyph (or in my case question mark). I thought badges would replace the banners where applicable. Could be user error, it's late and I'm impatient. :)

EDIT: Figured out glyphs, but banner still shows.
User Banner Text needs to be blank, also in the options have you got Display User Group Banners as None
upload_2015-11-10_3-25-51.webp

User Banner Text needs to be blank, also in the options have you got Display User Group Banners as None
View attachment 121538

Thank you. Yes, figured it out a minute ago also. Actually if I leave user banners enabled this allows me to selectively make badges out of certain banners/groups (as blanking it removes the element) and leave others as is sooo it's perfect. For now. Good job, nice quick little mod.

Reactions: TJA
I would like to make the badges a different shape instead of round, how would I do this? Edit: like square or rectangular

Also I don't really like that the mouse-over displays the user group name (title). I do some odd things to organize the user groups so I can keep them straight and I don't want this showing up in the mouse-over text, can you add a field for badge text (similar to User Banner Text) so that this can be customized?

I am completely lost
Can someone do a step by step of what to do....

When someone makes their first post, I want to set it as a badge
When someone gets 100 like, I want to set it as a badge
All these on postbits...

I am completely lost

All these on postbits...
this add on is only for user groups you want a different add on that goes off trophies

Hi. I just purchased this addon and I'm currently working in localhost. No matter what I do, the image doesn't show up. I have a standard 32x32 png image and my path to the image is correct. Just don't know why it doesn't show. Would appreciate some help here.

I am completely lost

All these on postbits...
If you haven't sorted it out, I've done a small tutorial on how to do this here:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/xenforo-tutorial-ssd-user-group-badges-promotions.140658/

You just need to create the appropriate user groups, and then the promotions to move them into groups.

Hope this helps,
The Dr.

Hi. I just purchased this addon and I'm currently working in localhost. No matter what I do, the image doesn't show up. I have a standard 32x32 png image and my path to the image is correct. Just don't know why it doesn't show. Would appreciate some help here.
Hey Blast, you need to make sure the path has http:// in front of it: http://www.example.com

If not, no image will show.

Top Bottom