[SSD] Staff Forum New Posts [Paid] [Deleted]

Stolen Sheep Design submitted a new resource:

[SSD] Staff Forum New Posts - Don't miss another Staff Forum post!

This addon will give you the option to add a second "New Posts" indicator to show when new posts have been made in your staff forum. This can help to ensure staff don't miss important threads or posts made in your staff forum.

You can choose to show the Staff New Posts indicator beside the standard New P osts link in the navbar:-

View attachment 122023

Or Display it up on the User/Mod Bar:-

View attachment 122024

Just upload the folder, install the xml and then set the...

Read more about this resource...

We have a catagory called "private" and within that catagory we have several forums that only staff can see. Is there a way to set this up to the catagory so all posts within that category show up in the staff new posts area?

I have the same issue. We have two main staff nodes, one for everyday issues and one for development. We'd need either one for each node, or else one for the parent category that would highlight posts in both.

I installed it on our test site and it seems to be working fine on the latest version of XenForo.

You get five links, but you can only enter one usergroup/forum per link. For example, we have two staff forums used by both admins and moderators – those will take four links. Forum A for mods, Forum A for admins, Forum B for mods, Forum B for admins.

It's not a problem for us at all, but I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone needs access for more usergroups/forums.

Do you keep your Admins seperate from your Moderator usergroup? If your admins are also in the moderator usergroup, you just need to list them for the Moderator Group. So, in that case, it would only use two forum links.

That's quite a bit more tabs than I would want on my forum bar.

I hope the staff posts could be linked to a catagory in the future.

Thanks for the reply.

That's quite a bit more tabs than I would want on my forum bar.

I hope the staff posts could be linked to a catagory in the future.

Thanks for the reply.
We do have a list of possible updates to the way the addon works. We are still looking into the category option :)

We do have a list of possible updates to the way the addon works. We are still looking into the category option :)

As we have five staff forums in one catagory and four different staff levels we would need the catagory option to use this.

Thank you for looking into it.

Do you keep your Admins seperate from your Moderator usergroup? If your admins are also in the moderator usergroup, you just need to list them for the Moderator Group. So, in that case, it would only use two forum links.

Although both mods and admins have moderator privileges, they are in two separate usergroups on our forum.

Although I haven't tried it, I assume the mods will see their 2 links and the admins will see their own 2 links. So it should look the same for everyone, even if it's set up separately. (At least, I hope that's how it works!)

If your admins aren't in the Moderator usergroup, then yes they should see only the admin links. If you have any admins also in the moderator usergroup, then they'll likely see them doubled up.

I'm assuming because we haven't logged into the SSD account for the last three months. Time flies! It's still available over on SSD itself.

Top Bottom