1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SSD] Staff Forum New Posts [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Stolen Sheep Design, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Stolen Sheep Design submitted a new resource:

[SSD] Staff Forum New Posts - Don't miss another Staff Forum post!

Read more about this resource...

ozzy47 likes this.
  2. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Hi, is the link clickable, does it work just like a second New Posts button? Thanks.

3. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

Yes

viper357 likes this.
  4. Nutz

Nutz Member

We have a catagory called "private" and within that catagory we have several forums that only staff can see. Is there a way to set this up to the catagory so all posts within that category show up in the staff new posts area?

empire likes this.
  5. viper357

viper357 Active Member

I requested that function last year...still waiting :( https://stolensheep.design/threads/staff-forum-new-posts.61/

Nutz likes this.
  6. madness85

madness85 Active Member

Nutz likes this.
  7. empire

empire Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. We have two main staff nodes, one for everyday issues and one for development. We'd need either one for each node, or else one for the parent category that would highlight posts in both.

Nutz likes this.
  8. empire likes this.
  9. madness85

madness85 Active Member

10. It's not unmaintained, just we haven't logged in for a while so it auto switches to that status.

11. empire

empire Well-Known Member

I installed it on our test site and it seems to be working fine on the latest version of XenForo.

You get five links, but you can only enter one usergroup/forum per link. For example, we have two staff forums used by both admins and moderators – those will take four links. Forum A for mods, Forum A for admins, Forum B for mods, Forum B for admins.

It's not a problem for us at all, but I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone needs access for more usergroups/forums.

Nutz likes this.
  12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Do you keep your Admins seperate from your Moderator usergroup? If your admins are also in the moderator usergroup, you just need to list them for the Moderator Group. So, in that case, it would only use two forum links.

13. Nutz

Nutz Member

That's quite a bit more tabs than I would want on my forum bar.

I hope the staff posts could be linked to a catagory in the future.

Thanks for the reply.

14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

We do have a list of possible updates to the way the addon works. We are still looking into the category option :)

viper357 and Nutz like this.
  15. Nutz

Nutz Member

As we have five staff forums in one catagory and four different staff levels we would need the catagory option to use this.

Thank you for looking into it.

Lisa likes this.
  16. empire

empire Well-Known Member

Although both mods and admins have moderator privileges, they are in two separate usergroups on our forum.

Although I haven't tried it, I assume the mods will see their 2 links and the admins will see their own 2 links. So it should look the same for everyone, even if it's set up separately. (At least, I hope that's how it works!)

17. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

If your admins aren't in the Moderator usergroup, then yes they should see only the admin links. If you have any admins also in the moderator usergroup, then they'll likely see them doubled up.

18. This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

19. madness85

madness85 Active Member

It wasn't long ago I purchased this how come it's been deleted?

20. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I'm assuming because we haven't logged into the SSD account for the last three months. Time flies! It's still available over on SSD itself.