Square Enix Origin Critique

denisx04

Would like your opinion on the look/design of my site and forum. Been working on it for quite some time and I'm pretty proud of what my staff and I accomplished. Enjoy!

Main Site
Forum

Would love your suggestions on where to improve. Also I'm looking for a addon or something where my members will be able to post FAQs/Walkthroughs of each video game, something like a Wiki. Would appreciate if anything knew of something like that.

Thanks!

That base style is horrible, that designer should have his license taken away!

In all seriousness you might want to change the sidebar toggle and perhaps the category toggles so that they contrast those sections a bit better. The sidebar toggle blends into the design, and the category toggle doesn't fit right.

What kind of a SE forum are you if you don't have a DRAGON QUEST section? :P

I'd put a lot of emphasis on SE games, franchises and overall media (merchandise, manga, etc..). I'd cut down on other unrelated forums and really focus on the niche. You should have more SE forums than others.

I'd suggest matching your WP with the xF theme, as for the Walkthroughs/FAQs, you can either use the RM or xenCarta, preferably the latter as it allows collaborative editing.

What kind of a SE forum are you if you don't have a DRAGON QUEST section? :p

I'd put a lot of emphasis on SE games, franchises and overall media (merchandise, manga, etc..). I'd cut down on other unrelated forums and really focus on the niche. You should have more SE forums than others.

I'd suggest matching your WP with the xF theme, as for the Walkthroughs/FAQs, you can either use the RM or xenCarta, preferably the latter as it allows collaborative editing.

We had a Dragon Quest section, was just hidden under " other titles " took your advice though and added it onto the site. Thank you for the great advice, will look into it for sure.

I would love to see the background changed, I like patterns but sometimes they're a bit overwhelming. I think it would help the content stand out a bit more, my eyes keep drifting over to the BG ;p.

Nice customizations to the style though.

I don't know if you've changed anything since you first posted, but I like the look of it, very slick. Lovely header image. I'm not a big fan of massive avatars because they pad out the threads too much for me (and detract from content) but they look quite nice eye candy on yours. Nice job.

I would love to see the background changed, I like patterns but sometimes they're a bit overwhelming. I think it would help the content stand out a bit more, my eyes keep drifting over to the BG ;p.

Nice customizations to the style though.

Hi Russ, thanks for your reply could you share with me what you would think would look nice?

The main site is quite sleek but I think would benefit from a logo (in place of the Square Enix News Site text) and a bit of reogranization -- right now there's a lot of different content boxes, many of them with duplicate information, that can be confusing. The forums do look nice (RO is so talented at headers and junk) but I'd like to see a style that matches the main site a bit more closely. ;)

I believe you guys are getting close to (or just hit?) your first year anniversary so big congrats on that. :)

The main site is quite sleek but I think would benefit from a logo (in place of the Square Enix News Site text) and a bit of reogranization -- right now there's a lot of different content boxes, many of them with duplicate information, that can be confusing. The forums do look nice (RO is so talented at headers and junk) but I'd like to see a style that matches the main site a bit more closely. ;)

I believe you guys are getting close to (or just hit?) your first year anniversary so big congrats on that. :)

Thank you Misty! yes we are a few days into our first year anniversary. I agree with an actual logo instead of the text on the main site but I'm having trouble finding a good designer to make that happen. RO doesn't seem to be into it anymore. And you do have a point, my problem is I tend to put my articles in multiple categories :p

As for a style that matches the main site, we are working on that and should be up by the end of the week :D

I do prefer the forum more, I think it fits in more if you get me the logo colours the background everything fits, but the main site has a different logo and on my screen the contact us is under forums (I think it's supposed to be next to guide) which makes it look untidy.

I do prefer the forum more, I think it fits in more if you get me the logo colours the background everything fits, but the main site has a different logo and on my screen the contact us is under forums (I think it's supposed to be next to guide) which makes it look untidy.

Perfect, thanks for the tips. I do have the contact us next to Guide do you not see that?

Also all other tips are appreciated!

Top Bottom