Resource icon

Split Reply Permission 1.0.0

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Split Reply Permission - Can reply to own thread, can reply to others' thread.

This is a relatively simple add-on that will add two new permissions to your installation:
  • Post replies to own threads
  • Post replies to others' threads
Note
You must still give users' the 'Post replies' permission! The new permissions depend on that existing permission.

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for this Liam! Works like a charm!

Just note for anyone installing this: When installing on a live board, the default is "No (not set)" for "post replies to own threads" and "post replies to others' threads". As a result after installing on a live board, nobody is able to post replies anywhere, until the admin sets both of the above to "Allow" in the usergroup permissions.

Reactions: Xon
I was looking for these 2 permissions since I migrated away from vbulletin. Thanks much. Makes my moderators jobs easier keeping the malware removal threads clean when only the malware experts and thread starter can reply.

@Liam W - I know this is marked unmaintained, but is there any chance of a version for XF2? This has become a totally invaluable feature on my forum and I don't know of any other add-on that implements it.

I'm not sure what causes an add-on to be marked unmaintained, but does this work with the latest version of XF1?

Top Bottom