Splash Page Included ?

JVCode

Just wondering, does the xenforo splash page come with the software? If not, I'd like to suggest this be added.

There has always been a weird disconnect between what webmasters think people want, and what they actually want.

what-the-customer-actually-wanted.jpg

I'm going to have a portal-style front page, somehow, or if that's too bloody hard then I'll just have a blurb, a few images, plus a set of links that take people into the forums.

The question of whether or not a splash page is included did open up other thoughts for me such as is the home button there by default and where does it link. How easy is it to add/remove your own button preferences and links etc.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow :)

The question of whether or not a splash page is included did open up other thoughts for me such as is the home bottom there by default and where does it link. How easy is it to add/remove your own button preferences and links etc.
The Home button can be linked to forum home or another URL.
Likewise with the logo and the two are independent.

If by adding button/links you mean to the menu bar then this would need to be done via code and template edits.

The Home button can be linked to forum home or another URL.
Likewise with the logo and the two are independent.

If by adding button/links you mean to the menu bar then this would need to be done via code and template edits.

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see how much work is involved in that as all my forums tend to have highly modified menu bars.

Not everyone uses Xen for public domain. And not all those that use Xen do so with the intention or desire to appease the needs or wants of a percentage that wants everything their way and clicks close because shiz ain't the way they want it.

Splash screens are great for product(s) & service(s) websites. When used properly -splash pages- are the perfect place to provide details important to the domain, and act as a place to sift out links or menus that do not apply to a new visitor.

KISS.

I think a splash page is a good idea, and not everyone knows how to code one, or code one in (IE modifying a forced login page to act as a splash page).

Top Bottom