XF 2.0 Spellchecker

Is there a reason the spellchecker does not show the red line under a misspelled word until you click on the word?

Thank you.

Interesting, I did not know that. Was it also a browser feature on VB 4?

I thought it was a VB feature we all have grown attached to.

Thank you.

It’s worth noting that there have been some issues with Firefox but it seems to be something that Mozilla are working towards fixing. There have been a few versions where it has alternated between working fine and not working at all or working under certain conditions.

There may have been a dedicated feature in VB (I can’t recall) but certainly building your own these days is fairly superfluous as most browsers have it built in.

Reactions: 420
It’s worth noting that there have been some issues with Firefox but it seems to be something that Mozilla are working towards fixing. There have been a few versions where it has alternated between working fine and not working at all or working under certain conditions.

There may have been a dedicated feature in VB (I can’t recall) but certainly building your own these days is fairly superfluous as most browsers have it built in.
Thanks for the feedback Chris.

I use Chrome exclusively and it's been an issue ever since we migrated from VB to XF for me personally.

Our entire staff uses it daily, to be sure we don't misspell things in advisories, tutorials, news, updates, etc.

I'll do some digging and see if VB had it and if so, what we can do, if anything, to resolve the issue.

Any leads and/or ideas along they way are greatly appreciated. :)

I use Chrome exclusively too... heh ironic...

1520730463487.webp

...and it works fine.

It does seem that some users have been reporting issues with Chrome spell checking fairly recently, but I can't say I've ever noticed an issue:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Spell check works fine in all browsers apart from Firefox. Certainly, Froala haven't ever had it reported to them that it doesn't work in other browsers and we've never had it reported to us that it doesn't work in other browsers. Being that I use Chrome exclusively and iOS, I can confirm there should be no widespread issues in terms of spell checking in those browsers.

Steps to reproduce spell check problem with latest version of Chrome in macOS.

1) Go to this URL:

https://www.froala.com/wysiwyg-editor

2) Type in several incorrectly spelled words, at this point the red underline is working fine.

3) Press the return key for a new line, notice the red underlines disappear.

There are other problems but this is the main one.

Reactions: 420
Can't reproduce that at all.
Which operating system and Chrome browser version are you trying with?
I've just tested this on my laptop (Mac OS 10.13.3 using Chrome 64 and then Chrome 65.0.3325.146) and I can reproduce the issue in the Froala editor but only if I leave the text that's in there and then follow Andy's steps. If I delete the text first, the spellchecker works as expected.

As for XF2, I don't have any issues with the spellchecker in the first few lines that are typed in but after that is seems to not work for a bunch of lines and then works again for the current line:

1520857414427.webp

Top Bottom