Speed Compared to IP.Board and Single Sign On

Eddy

I am thinking of switching from IP.Board but I want to know how much faster Xenforo is than IP.Board and what else makes it better than IP.Board.

Also, is there Single Sign On documentation that I can use to integrate it with my current website's log in system?

Thank you.

Also, is there Single Sign On documentation that I can use to integrate it with my current website's log in system?

Several people released mods allowing people to use twitter and steam for authentication -- I imagine you could follow those as a reference for bridging your community's log in system.

In addition there's also I believe a jFusion plugin available and several wordpress log in integrations available.

I am thinking of switching from IP.Board but I want to know how much faster Xenforo is than IP.Board and what else makes it better than IP.Board.

I currently have a well-optimised IPS suite v3.1.4 setup that runs very fast. My XF test site does run faster but more importantly, IMHO, it is lighter and puts less of a load on the server.

Test site: http://www.cyclechat.net/newccxf

Whilst I expect it'll slow a little once I add a few bits to the templates, ads, revenue code, etc. and let my membership properly run wild on it - it may run even faster once IP.Board is disabled and Sphinx is turned off ... ;)

TBH I think IP.Board can run pretty fast if you take the time to optimise it properly (see current site: www.cyclechat.net), but most people don't have the technical skill (or inclination) and just run the defalt basic install; so out of the box, yes, XF is definitely that bit faster.

How's that? Clear as mud? :ROFLMAO:

I currently have a well-optimised IPS suite v3.1.4 setup that runs very fast. My XF test site does run faster but more importantly, IMHO, it is lighter and puts less of a load on the server.

Test site: http://www.cyclechat.net/newccxf

Whilst I expect it'll slow a little once I add a few bits to the templates, ads, revenue code, etc. and let my membership properly run wild on it - it may run even faster once IP.Board is disabled and Sphinx is turned off ... ;)

TBH I think IP.Board can run pretty fast if you take the time to optimise it properly (see current site: www.cyclechat.net), but most people don't have the technical skill (or inclination) and just run the defalt basic install; so out of the box, yes, XF is definitely that bit faster.

How's that? Clear as mud? :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, that gave me an idea. I will see what xF 1.1 brings to the table.

Top Bottom