1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed Compared to IP.Board and Single Sign On

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Eddy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Eddy

Eddy Member

I am thinking of switching from IP.Board but I want to know how much faster Xenforo is than IP.Board and what else makes it better than IP.Board.

Also, is there Single Sign On documentation that I can use to integrate it with my current website's log in system?

Thank you.

NiCk Newman likes this.
  2. NiCk Newman

NiCk Newman Member

Xenforo is extremely faster then any ipb version from 2.0 up.

I am talking extremely faster, all ipb versions 2.1+ are slow as beans.

3. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

Several people released mods allowing people to use twitter and steam for authentication -- I imagine you could follow those as a reference for bridging your community's log in system.

In addition there's also I believe a jFusion plugin available and several wordpress log in integrations available.

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I currently have a well-optimised IPS suite v3.1.4 setup that runs very fast. My XF test site does run faster but more importantly, IMHO, it is lighter and puts less of a load on the server.

Test site: http://www.cyclechat.net/newccxf

Whilst I expect it'll slow a little once I add a few bits to the templates, ads, revenue code, etc. and let my membership properly run wild on it - it may run even faster once IP.Board is disabled and Sphinx is turned off ... ;)

TBH I think IP.Board can run pretty fast if you take the time to optimise it properly (see current site: www.cyclechat.net), but most people don't have the technical skill (or inclination) and just run the defalt basic install; so out of the box, yes, XF is definitely that bit faster.

How's that? Clear as mud? :ROFLMAO:

5. Eddy

Eddy Member

Thanks, that gave me an idea. I will see what xF 1.1 brings to the table.