Special post text colour for paid usergroups (User Upgrades)

maxwolfie

I am hoping to get the Blizzard effect (refer to the WoW/Diablo 3 forums) happening for some new User Upgrades that I intend on setting up.

What I am unsure of is:

1a. There is a .staff element but I am wondering if I can define new class elements such as "magic", "rare" and "unique", which will become the names of the three tiers of upgrades available. I.e.

Code:
.magic {
    color: #whatever;
}

Some more ideas and examples are at the bottom of the XF User Group Styling page.

1b. Furthermore, I am hoping to replicate the "glow" that you see around Blizzard posts, for an example see here. The remainder of the thread will give you a good idea of what I am trying to achieve.

2. How do I go about removing the option to change text colour for certain usergroups, as having a paid upgrade is pointless if these users can simply select the colour regardless of whether they have paid or not.

I'm sure this is going to require an add-on. You can post in the request sections where somebody might pick this one up. http://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-requests.68/

I was able to replicate the blizzard thing a while back when a similar posts was posted but i could only do it for staff since they seem to be the only group with a class .staff

Jake or one of the others might be able to fill you in more what is need or how to accomplish this, but i'm sure for this to be effective and not hacky it's going to require an add-on.

I'm sure this is going to require an add-on. You can post in the request sections where somebody might pick this one up. http://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-requests.68/

I was able to replicate the blizzard thing a while back when a similar posts was posted but i could only do it for staff since they seem to be the only group with a class .staff

Jake or one of the others might be able to fill you in more what is need or how to accomplish this, but i'm sure for this to be effective and not hacky it's going to require an add-on.
Thanks Shelley!

Top Bottom