Spanish police arrest 3 in PlayStation Network hacks

Yeah and when the professionals take someones money and don't actually do anything?

What about when a company acts out of line and doesn't even encrypt passwords and ignores MANY demands to change that?

Hacking skills is the reason you have a computer to type on...
01_1975_woz.jpg

remember him....yeah that's a blue box.

Stop telling people to stop feeling how they feel El dictator...If they didn't want change....they wouldn't disclose their bounty and method of getting it to the world. What they did ENSURES change.

They're not hackers, they're crackers, and most of what they do is DDoS which is barely that.

They are also definitely not revolutionaries, which is what you're making them out to seem. You think they do any of this for the public good? If so you're obviously missing something because even they admit they do it for 'the lulz'. They're a group that wants to attention whore for the media.

If they were truly trying to get change done, and not being a bunch of dickbags they'd have alerted media that they had the database and not have released it. By releasing it they've now risked that information to however many people download it.

Yes, Sony had an issue with their security measures, which was inexcusable, however you're obviously missing the fact that Corporations usually have a lot lost in translation between the different departments. A lowly IT will have to go through a long chain of command before any issue they've found gets back to someone who can actually authorize changes, and if that person doesn't understand the need then it gets throw to the side. Unless you can prove that it came down to money (eg they didn't fix the issue due to the cost), it is really nothing more than a serious oversight.

LulzSec on the other hand cracked into their server, took all the client information and then released it after they were unable to sell it. This same group has tried to sell information in the past (Chances are they also have used the information for fraud) and care nothing for what harm it does to others. They obviously don't give a damn for people because they continue to release more and more confidential information from multiple sites, and many of these have done nothing.

I never said they were revolutionaries. Never. Quote me.

What one does...what one says...and what one means are three VERY different things.

You say mere oversight I say my personal info...I will decide if it is "oversight".

I don't know about the rest of any sites and to tell you the truth with all the assuming in this thread...I wouldn't have been able to read about other sites in between all of the judging of people here.

How many threads are there about this hacking crap just in this forum already?

Kind of tired of people trying to insert my feelings on issues for me.

From now on if you are going to address my position on something ASK me if that's how I feel instead of telling me or I will take it as directly disrespecting me or a mere oversight of common f(_)cking courtesy.

Thanks.

I can tell people how I feel for myself..I am a big boy....you worry about your own position.

Just know as soon as people started name calling and judging in this thread I played a card. Enough of these same threads about the same people hacking . If all they want is attention you are in fact giving it to them right now.

I never said they were revolutionaries. Never. Quote me.

What one does...what one says...and what one means are three VERY different things.

You say mere oversight I say my personal info...I will decide if it is "oversight".

I don't know about the rest of any sites and to tell you the truth with all the assuming in this thread...I wouldn't have been able to read about other sites in between all of the judging of people here.

How many threads are there about this hacking crap just in this forum already?

Kind of tired of people trying to insert my feelings on issues for me.

From now on if you are going to address my position on something ASK me if that's how I feel instead of telling me or I will take it as directly disrespecting me or a mere oversight of common f(_)cking courtesy.

Thanks.

I can tell people how I feel for myself..I am a big boy....you worry about your own position.

Just know as soon as people started name calling and judging in this thread I played a card. Enough of these same threads about the same people hacking . If all they want is attention you are in fact giving it to them right now.
So basically we can't even respond to you without you implying we're putting words in your mouth :rolleyes:.

When you are putting words in my mouth you are not responding to me...you would be responding FOR ME

Big difference
Obviously anything anyone says to you lately has been them putting words in your mouth (We call that opinion, it happens a lot in conversation, especially ones like this), so continuing with this (at least with you) would be pointless.

Other than the revolutionary bit (Which was meant in how you defended them, as many others have called them something of the sort) most of that wasn't putting words in your mouth, and was just discussing the issue.

You can agree, disagree, or ignore. Either way it means nothing to me and I'll go about my day without being emotional.

For reference of how many times people have judged me, told me what I should do and think, and why I am wrong before you go on with anymore of your reverse-pysc-bait-N-switch banter.

No, they were just trying to have a large e-peen.

Stop justifying their actions, because these groups want nothing more than publicity and time in the lime light. They're not cracking servers or exploiting for any just cause, they're doing it because its entertaining to them, nothing more and nothing less.

Riiiight, you're not biased at ALL, are you??
HACKERS do everything wrong. HACKING into something that you don't have permission to get into is ILLEGAL, period.
Stop defending the illegal works of these so called hackers. All they want is to disrupt organizations and steal information. They don't want "change".

They're not hackers, they're crackers, and most of what they do is DDoS which is barely that.

They are also definitely not revolutionaries, which is what you're making them out to seem.

Obviously anything anyone says to you lately has been them putting words in your mouth (We call that opinion, it happens a lot in conversation, especially ones like this), so continuing with this (at least with you) would be pointless.

Other than the revolutionary bit (Which was meant in how you defended them, as many others have called them something of the sort) most of that wasn't putting words in your mouth, and was just discussing the issue.

You can agree, disagree, or ignore. Either way it means nothing to me and I'll go about my day without being emotional.

One I didn't defend them....i said they did a crime were judged and got time.

Two I was making the point that since these people committed a crime, I was able to see sony's negligence which I find hard to believe they didn't know of, nor do I think if someone had gotten my cc #'s and these people didn't hack them and it was another person who wasn't as loud that they would tell me they were at fault for it happening.

Three All this thread did was make me angry at sony....I originally felt no way about them or the hackers other than my love for sony hardware.

Four you have been riding me through this entire thread telling me what I am doing when I said clearly on the first page...they committed a crime and are doing their sentence which is what I implied is the right thing to happen.

Five seeing that you notice my reaction to anyone's responses to me means your watching me so I can assume (just like you assume I am defending them) that you have just been waiting to try and chump me out of a valid position. I am sorry I can't side with you here...I hope whatever crawled up your rear finds it way out before it suffocates.

Top Bottom