Spammers still getting through registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will laugh so hard if you ever use the same Q&A's for forum and other services. Then hacker gets your own e-mails, your own bank info, your own FB account. I will laugh, hell even to your face.

What I said is: It. could. happen.

Ok Carlos. Wage your war on Q/A's and XRumer on your own time.

I will laugh so hard if you ever use the same Q&A's for forum and other services. Then hacker gets your own e-mails, your own bank info, your own FB account. I will laugh, hell even to your face.

What I said is: It. could. happen.

But why would stewart1champ be stupid enough to do that?

It could only happen to the type of people who use 12345678 as their password.

If you use stupidly silly passwords, you will get hacked. XRumer won't be required to make that happen.

There is still no problem here.

But why would stewart1champ be stupid enough to do that?

It could only happen to the type of people who use 12345678 as their password.

If you use stupidly silly passwords, you will get hacked. XRumer won't be required to make that happen.

There is still no problem here.

He's right. I use 'Playstation' for everything. Passwords, emails, bank accounts, library card, '95 High School Lunch Card, kids birthday, anniversary, etc.

Wow. You're still not understanding. Close minded people amaze me.

You know what, this isn't helping. I've said my piece, you've said your piece. I'm out.

I'm not saying him (stewert), specifically, I'm saying, people don't realize they're using the same Q&A for forum, and other services.

Great, another hater that tries to debunk what I'm saying. Fantastic!
Carlos...this is not about hate...look at the image....that is XR on my computer...what I am saying is that if a general qa which will be shown to ANYONE trying to register effects private passwords of a user at another site than the person is using too generic of a password.

And if you are talking about hacking someone or cracking their password...XRumor is not at all a logical place to start.

And what you are saying as an example with lists of text being acquired from QA is not really valid either as really what you are talking about has existed way before xrumor. There is no answer from a QA that isn't text and there isn't any text that does not already exist or isn't available in a giant table of data used for brute attacks, anything that has been typed can be put in a list and in that respect acquiring the list of text from xrumor makes no sense because there is way better resources for that information already without the waste of time it is to setup xrumor.

It is literally as fast as get (source) (txt) from command line and you have a way more info than you are going to get messing around with xrumor.

Great, another hater that tries to debunk what I'm saying. Fantastic!
I am not trying to debunk anything...you have a point that is somewhat valid but has no point of convergence with the topic at hand... He and I are not exactly buddies, he is merely saying what he thinks I was implying, trust me when I say he was not defending me.

You also got very rude with me ...which I ignored at that point because I can understand you feel like you are being attacked....
Are we clear on that? Okay, moving on.
You were talking to me like you think you are my mother or like you were taking out your frustration with others on me, when in reality I am trying to tell you about why part of what you are saying is right but does not apply to xenforo in any way shape or form.

The name calling and instigating...yeah that needs to stop....this is not a political debate issue that is expected to get heated...this is a tech talk topic and grown men fighting about it makes EVERYONE at this site look bad to a newcomer.

I will be going to back to doing something constructive now.

I'm saying, people don't realize they're using the same Q&A for forum, and other services.

Yes, and I'm saying that it is their own fault if they are not being secure.

There is no problem other than that of their own making.

Carlos...this is not about hate...look at the image....that is XR on my computer...what I am saying is that if a general qa which will be shown to ANYONE trying to register effects private passwords of a user at another site than the person is using too generic of a password.

And if you are talking about hacking someone or cracking their password...XRumor is not at all a logical place to start.

And what you are saying as an example with lists of text being acquired from QA is not really valid either as really what you are talking about has existed way before xrumor. There is no answer from a QA that isn't text and there isn't any text that does not already exist or isn't available in a giant table of data used for brute attacks, anything that has been typed can be put in a list and in that respect acquiring the list of text from xrumor makes no sense because there is was better resources for that information already without the waste of time it is to setup xrumor.

It is literally as fast as get (source) (txt) from command line and you have a way more info than you are going to get messing around with xrumor.
Thanks for the explaination.
I am not trying to debunk anything...you have a point that is somewhat valid but has no point of convergence with the topic at hand... He and I are not exactly buddies, he is merely saying what he thinks I was implying, trust me when I say he was not defending me.
Sure looks like it. It's like a friend asking this and that, as a defense to that person.
You also got very rude with me ...which I ignored at that point because I can understand you feel like you are being attacked....
Thanks for that understanding. I'm not really trying to be rude. I don't like being rude, it's just I'm frustrated.
You were talking to me like you think you are my mother or like you were taking out your frustration with others on me, when in reality I am trying to tell you about why part of what you are saying is right but does not apply to xenforo in any way shape or form.
On the back of my head, I'm not acting like I'm your mother. I'm acting like I'm in room full of haters that like to talk $#!^ to me, and will tell me "you're wrong, because you're stupid." That whole "Is that clear enough for you? Okay moving on" is an act of looking at everyone else, putting two hands apart and then stop.
The name calling and instigating...yeah that needs to stop....this is not a political debate issue that is expected to get heated...this is a tech talk topic and grown men fighting about it makes EVERYONE at this site look bad to a newcomer.
Well, Stewert has been pushing my buttons the last 6 months now. (Like in this thread...) He just used sarcasm to troll, 3 posts in a row. That's why I've begun to report him. This is having me on edge because every time I try debating with people, people start being jerks to me. WHICH I DO NOT DESERVE.
I will be going to back to doing something constructive now.
Okay!

I'm acting like I'm in room full of haters that like to talk $#!^ to me, and will tell me "you're wrong, because you're stupid."

No one has called you stupid Carlos. The vast majority in this thread strongly disagree with you. There is a difference. Not agreeing does not make anyone a hater.

I was merely pointing out the flaws in your argument with my posts. The movie bit especially. That is the second time you have used that (a movie reference) in one of your rants.

No one has called you stupid Carlos. The vast majority in this thread strongly disagree with you. There is a difference. Not agreeing does not make anyone a hater.
Yeah, you keep saying that.
I was merely pointing out the flaws in your argument with my posts. The movie bit especially. That is the second time you have used that (a movie reference) in one of your rants.
In your situation, you construct your posts like I'm stupid. I'm not stupid, I'm just misunderstood. Even after I tell you the reason why I'm "paranoid" (everyone's wording, not mine), you still persist to tell me this and this and that. Then I get really, really annoyed. And this is not the first time that you've tried to annoy me with your trolling stunts.

(deleted by myself -- when I responded to an email notification I had no idea that this thread had achieved critical mass & exploded. What would have been useful thread on the current state of anti-spam measure in XF has been totally derailed. It would be nice if the moderators would move the last four pages or so into their own thread or just send them to the bit bucket.)

MikeMpls said:
(deleted by myself -- when I responded to an email notification I had no idea that this thread had achieved critical mass & exploded. What would have been useful thread on the current state of anti-spam measure in XF has been totally derailed. It would be nice if the moderators would move the last four pages or so into their own thread or just send them to the bit bucket.)
Wholeheartedly agree! :)
MikeMpls said:
Xrumer's database is a "service" provided to Xrumer's semi-human customers to help invade our blogs and forums. Nobody has to hack it, just buy their product.
When I said hack it, I meant, like taking the database of Q&A then making it widely available to the other hackers for the other network(s) of these types of program(s) thus making it available to higher-class hackers. But since Sim says that hackers have access to this program, it may already have been done, but in another way or another method.

It's like this, lately, in the hacker world. Once some hacker hacks a server, and is able to "steal" then torrent what they've found, it goes to other hackers. Many cases, it's e-mail address(s) with the password(s).

Yet another thread has degenerated into childish name calling.

No surprise who is involved.

I will now be going through the thread and any personal insults will be met with a warning.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom