Spam - what is Xenforo.com doing itself ? [Hallowe'en 2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is XenForo still going? I mean the company behind it? I'm thinking about buying a licence but if you've killed the project I wan't to because I care about future updates.

Is XenForo still going? I mean the company behind it? I'm thinking about buying a licence but if you've killed the project I wan't to because I care about future updates.
All focus is on the current Court Case, and the next hearing is on 5th of November. The project isn't killed, there are no signs of that.

Wow ok, that isn't looking good, I'll hold off buying a licence now then, they could be sued out of business leaving me updateless lol. Thanks for the replies.
You're only seeing the claims in a list form, you haven't been keeping up-to-date on the case.

In terms of the case, it's looking very good for XenForo. Don't be put off by a list of claims and assume XF are going to be sued into bankruptcy.

You're only seeing the claims in a list form, you haven't been keeping up-to-date on the case.

In terms of the case, it's looking very good for XenForo. Don't be put off by a list of claims and assume XF are going to be sued into bankruptcy.

If vBulletin wins the case doesn't that mean everyone using the software is in danger as well?

If vBulletin wins the case doesn't that mean everyone using the software is in danger as well?

Nopes. Worst case scenario, you will have to pay IB for the next XF upgrade, which may take years to come.

That worst case scenario is beyond impossible in any interpretation of the law. From everything practising lawyers here have posted, It seems XF will win provided they can get to trial.

All focus is on the current Court Case, and the next hearing is on 5th of November. The project isn't killed, there are no signs of that.
Things to back up your quote "The project isn't killed, there are no signs of that.":
  • Bugs are being scrubbed/fixed/investigated by the developers as has always been the case. Mike is responding to every bug post.
  • Interaction with customers by the developers is still at the high level it has always been.
  • Point releases packaging the bugs discovered by customers is still ongoing.
  • The demo system is working as as well as it always has.
  • SPAM is non-existant at XenForo.com as it always has been, the developers are back-porting the anti-spam features of 1.2 into the 1.1.x train as 1.2 is delayed due to the court case.
See, nothing has changed, the developers are still showing the same level of commitment to the project, including its customers and forum community as they did a year ago.
Nothing to see here, move along. There is nothing wrong.

• The demo system is working as as well as it always has.
I want to comment on this point only. Unfortunately it isn't working, and even after it was reported the Demo System is still not working. (Like ages ago)

I want to comment on this point only. Unfortunately it isn't working, and even after it was reported the Demo System is still not working. (Like ages ago)
Don't worry, the owners of XenForo are working hard to fix it. Remember, there is nothing wrong here. It is just a glitch. Should be fixed within a few hours.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom