1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spam management flags - allow which warning flags to detect

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by wtgw, Nov 7, 2013.

1. wtgw

wtgw Member

I'm using the stopforumspam database but it only allows you to choose how many warning flags before moderating or rejecting.

Can we choose which warning flag(s) to detect before moderating or rejecting? 1 flag isn't a good option because username can very easily return false positives but email is a very good indicator of spam. For example, username "bob" would get flagged for a spammer who used username "bob13sf23".

By selecting which warning flags to detect, it would cut down on false positives because I could ignore the username flag but use the email flag.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    adwade, wedgar, BamaStangGuy and 12 others like this.
  2. z3r010

z3r010 Member

I'd love to be able to do this, on my vb sites I have SFS set to just deny only if the email matches as this is the only unique identifier, this seems to work very well and it's a shame I can't do it yet on XF.

BonusParadise likes this.
  3. BonusParadise

BonusParadise Member

Hello, I did use glowhost spamomatic on my VB forum before, and there I had the option to exclude usernames from being checked in stopforum spam.

Such an option would be great in the xenforo spam managment.

Maybe this could be added in future versions?

Thank you
    Marina

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Phillip likes this.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Active Member

Has any consideration been given to this? It seems like a good idea for admins to have the option to exclude usernames if it will block more false positives.

5. JackieChun

JackieChun Active Member

The username flag is worthless. Every day I waste tons of time approving users who choose common names (Cathy, Brian, Mike etc etc etc). If you insist on keeping the username in Spam Management, at least allow admins to make it optional.

6. karll

karll Well-Known Member

I agree, this is something which is sorely needed! (I'd actually accidentally created a duplicate suggestion for this.)

7. JackieChun

JackieChun Active Member

Really hope this makes it into 1.5

karll likes this.
  8. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

Still pulling for this to be added :)

9. Another vote from me.

10. dougdirac

dougdirac Member

Seriously. I was able to exclude checking usernames on vB. Why not here.

11. dknife

dknife Active Member

Please have this as an option. Username should be a flag, it's never an issue.

12. adwade

adwade Active Member

From what I understand, @wizzard's TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations add-on allows you to
    Effectively offering the functionality that this thread requests…w/o having to wait for the Spam Management Flags suggestion to be implemented.