1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam log rules

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by flowerpot132, Aug 1, 2016.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

admin.php?logs/spam-trigger

How do I know the rules or why some applications have been marked as spam please?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That log is the "why". The configuration would be done elsewhere, generally the "spam management" options.

Do you have a specific question about what you see there?

3. flowerpot132

Searched that in admin search and no results. Where is it please?

4. Mike

It's the option group "Spam Management" - <url>/admin.php?options/list/spam

5. flowerpot132

Cheers Mike. Ok our spam logger lists about 20 a month. Looking at the applicants details in them, they are eligible in my eyes and should not have been stopped. That's fine. But can I get an alert of something everything the spam systems stops a registration? Then I can double check them.

6. Mike

Assuming it's StopForumSpam related, the options let you control what happens based on the number of triggers detected. If you choose to moderate them, you'll get a chance to manually approve the registration.

7. flowerpot132

We manually approve all applications anyway. But these don't come through. So I need to just change that in the settings then?

8. Mike

Yes, though out of the box, a user has to trigger all 3 flags to be rejected. That's quite a strong flag that the user has a history of spam.