Lack of interest Spam everywhere

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ŽivaAkcija

Hi, i see lots of spamers/bots or whatever call it, with nick name set7743Ahfh, here on this forum to everyday, so my question is in future add register option for those nick names becouse they are unstopable.

oie_03LR1Wv2qDbW.webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can already configure the registration name specifics using regex. In addition you can ban certain usernames of your choosing. So you could add any known names to the ban list and, for example, disallow usernames with numbers. This of course won't deter human spammers, they will work around any criteria you set up.

regex setup not works for usernames like sjdg843tz84t8 or setDSD5455476 so xenforo developers must resolve this in future update

with nick name set7743Ahfh

regex setup not works for usernames like sjdg843tz84t8 or setDSD5455476 so xenforo developers must resolve this in future update

I don't see that this can be resolved. There is no pattern to any of those usernames (they are different lengths and have different letter and number sequences and patterns), so they couldn't be programatically identified. All that is common with them is that they have letters and numbers in the usernames. However there are also real users who have similar-ish usernames, such as @MBJ86, @OS3LN2805WS, @rd3500, @z497688734 and @51463 (to name but a few legitimate users on here). Using the existing spam solutions built into XenForo and, if necessary, moderating initial posts from new members, is probably the best approach if you are having real issues on your site.

that why said they are unstopable, maybe some code in registration who check username on caps lock and numbers, and denied all registration with those who try it?

Top Bottom