XF 2.2 Old users are becoming SPAM everyday !

Sadiq6210

Hello

Recently I upgraded our forum from 2.2.8 to latest version and I noticed that many old users are becoming SPAM everyday (5 to 10 old memberships are stolen everyday and posting spam threads). I can't see any relation between the upgrade and the issue, however, this is what happened. Is it a coincidence? Is this a new method of SPAM attacking to steal the users accounts instead of new registration? I mean I am moderating this forum since 2006, moved to Xenforo since 2015 and I didn't face something similar.

Currently I am trying to control the SPAM posts by banning many valuable old users everyday.
Anyone is facing same issue? and advise?

Hello

Recently I upgraded our forum from 2.2.8 to latest version and I noticed that many old users are becoming SPAM everyday (5 to 10 old memberships are stolen everyday and posting spam threads). I can't see any relation between the upgrade and the issue, however, this is what happened. Is it a coincidence? Is this a new method of SPAM attacking to steal the users accounts instead of new registration? I mean I am moderating this forum since 2006, moved to Xenforo since 2015 and I didn't face something similar.

Currently I am trying to control the SPAM posts by banning many valuable old users everyday.
Anyone is facing same issue? and advise?
Why not use user batch update and "set user state" of old users to awaiting approval or email verification.

Anyone know what caused this?
Most likely this database breach.

XF discussion:

Top Bottom