XF 1.4 Spam Cleaner

RaptureForums

Hi,
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have set the controls in the ACP for the spam cleaner, pretty much the default ones. So I found that, but where do I go and how do I ban and clean up after a spammer? I thought there might be a link in their profile popup screen, but I don't see one. Can anyone help? Thank you and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I just switched to XF about a week or so ago and ran into my first troll problem and had to manually clean up the mess.

Thank you.

There should be a Spam link on posts, the member card, and the member profile under the Moderation Tools dropdown menu. If it isn't appearing, then they're likely not fitting the criteria.

Last edited:
There should be a Spam link on posts, the member card, and the member profile under the Moderation Tools dropdown menu. If those aren't appearing, then they're likely not fitting the criteria.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I looked around and couldn't find anything about it, but looked some more after starting this thread and ended up finding this thread on XF1.3 - https://xenforo.com/community/threa...on-for-spam-found-anywhere.77762/#post-789827

I didn't think about the criteria thing, but that makes sense since the modification on my old VBulletin forums used criteria like that as well. So, I set all the settings to "0" as the thread suggested for it to be made available all the time. That's what I wanted as I think I have what I think might be "dormant" spammer accounts that are just waiting to be used one day and this will come in handy if they registered over 30 days ago. :) I sure could have used this earier today. LOL Still learning here. :)

Thank you for your reply. :)

If you hover over the avatar on the member card the spam button comes up. In the profile on the moderator drop down or on any of their posts. Default settings it goes away from the posts after so many I believe. Not sure about the other locations.

Top Bottom