XF 1.5 Spam cleaner using loads of memory and not working...?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
On my dev install, I'm trying to make an add-on that runs the spam cleaner...

Unfortunately, the spam cleaner isn't working on my dev install. When running it manually (with all add-ons disabled), it just hangs, slows down my computer & eventually logs a fatal error in the error log:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 815104 bytes) -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:208

It's always the same line in Mysqli.php that exhausts the memory.

Occasionally, if I restart the mysql server, it'll work, but then it won't.

Any ideas on what's causing this?

Liam

What's your spam clean criteria options set to and how much data is being cleaned?

If it's a user with a lot of content over a period of time then that could explain it.

Can you reproduce the issue when the clean process runs independently of any other add on?

Also disable any add ons that may add additional handlers in case there's an issue with any of those.

What's your spam clean criteria options set to and how much data is being cleaned?

Everything except checking for IP's.

If it's a user with a lot of content over a period of time then that could explain it.

It's a clean install, with less than 20 threads for the user...

Can you reproduce the issue when the clean process runs independently of any other add on?

Yes.

Also disable any add ons that may add additional handlers in case there's an issue with any of those.

Done that, still happens...

It's strange.

Top Bottom