Spam cleaner 'thank you for reporting' alert to reporter

Alpha1

When a member reports something that the staff needs to deal with, we try to include a kind thank you note to the reporter. This motivates members to keep helping us out with reports. But with the spam cleaner everything is automated and as a result there is no such alert to the reporter. Yet, this is one of the most important reports to receive.

Please add a setting to automatically send an alert to any reporter(s) when the spam cleaner is used for the related content.

Upvote 20
Hell no :-)
I do a lot of Spam reports and i surely do not want a feedback for every blurp I report, that would just cause useless overhead for me.

Agreed. We have very few spammers (even on an active 12m post forum) but those that do report get a thank you....automating a response with either a canned reply OR the ability to enter in a personal note would be excellent.

We routinely thank members for reporting content and members when those reports are resolved successfully with some kind of action taken.
It's important because we rely on members to (usually rapidly) report unwanted content and we want to encourage them to continue doing so.

Could we have a resolution alert automatically sent with an associated phrase, please?
And also an event that we can award trophy points for would be useful.

Upvoted.

Top Bottom