XF 2.1 Spam Cleaner Not Showing Options

Steve Freides

Spam cleaner default options
  • Move / delete spammer's threads
  • Delete spammer's messages
  • Delete conversations by spammer
  • Ban spammer
  • Check spammer's IPs
These are the default options that will be checked when running the spam cleaner. The individual who actually runs the spam cleaner will have the opportunity to alter these options.

******** The above things, including an option to email the spammer and to edit that email text, used to appear when I clicked on the spam cleaner in the moderation queue in 1.5. I no longer get them - all I can do is check the box, save the approval cue, and that's it. I used to customize this quite a bit, e.g., for some users, I wouldn't actually ban their account, just delete the message and email them explaining why.

Thanks.

-S-

I am back, still looking for some help here.

My situation is a bit complicated by the fact that our developer didn't really use the old spam cleaner, which was an add-on of some sort, and I used it several times a day. I am very much missing what I used to have - what does everyone suggest for me?

Here is my example-of-the-day:

Our forum asks new users not to post external links in their first few posts; it's one way of letting people know we aren't interested in being an advertising platform. I have a new user's first post in my approval queue - lovely post, interesting person, and something with whom I'd like to communicate to say all that, and definitely a user I don't want to ban. I used to be able to do all that while in the spam cleaner inside the moderation queue, and now I can't.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

@Brogran, referring to the manual, https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/spam/, it says ‘The default email text entered here can also be edited each time the Spam Cleaner is run.’ We can't find where to enter the text nor from where to send the message. That happens to be one of the things I'm missing having available to me.

If it matters, my ACP reports we are on:

v2.1.6 Patch 1

Thanks.

-S-

That's an outdated entry - the text is no longer editable.

You can edit the spam_cleaner_ban_reason phrase if you wish to change the default text - but that relates to the text the member sees when they log in - emails are no longer sent.

Please advise if this, from our 1.5 installation with the spam cleaner add-on, would work. Thanks. -S-

{username},

Your post has been removed from {boardTitle}. If you're not sure what {boardTitle} allows, please read our FAQ. If you still believe the removal of your post was not correct, please reply or use the contact form:
{contactUrl}

Top Bottom