As designed Spam cleaner log

Astra

Affected version
v2.1.8 Patch 2
There are accounts in the spam log that are deleted by the Administrator completely and irrevocably, but there is a restore button that does not work, because there is nothing to restore, the accounts are physically deleted. Are there any tools to clear this log or is this a forum error?

Снимок экрана 2020-05-16 в 11.28.01.webp

I understand this, but then why this list, maybe there is a tool to remove all inactive accounts from it? Once to restore them there is nothing. The restore button is active, when clicked, it is written that the account has been restored, but it cannot be restored because there is already nothing to restore. It would be more correct to delete accounts that are empty for recovery from this list. It is useless and does not reflect any possibilities.

I would say then it needs to be changed to only show restore button for those accounts that have not been deleted. Most likely this is a bug.

Of course. If the account is deleted, then it does not belong to this list, because there is no point in increasing the number of pages in this journal, filling it with irrelevant information. For example, other logs are self-cleaning, such as mailing list errors.

While the restore button cannot undelete the user account or unban the user, it can still restore their content. So with that in mind it still serves a purpose, albeit one with an unlikely use case.

But nonetheless, this is working as expected. As you delete the users (which is not something we recommend, by the way, hence why the spam cleaner doesn't attempt to do that) the log at least serves as a useful audit trail for the inevitable time where you will one day spam clean and delete someone who wasn't a spammer (doesn't happen often, but it does happen!).

Yes, I agree, but if all the messages of the spammer, as well as his account, have already been physically deleted, then the meaning disappears.
Yes, I do not delete ordinary users, I disconnect their accounts. Spammer accounts are first blocked, and after a year or two are deleted, so as not to occupy the vacant names to register new users.

P.S. And yet, there is a great wish to give the Administrator the opportunity to clean the logs, for convenience and opportunities to use them at his discretion. There are people like me who really like the order and cleanliness of both the forum and the log who relate to working on the forum very reverently and scrupulously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom