Fixed Spam Cleaner issue with multiple registered IPs

Steve F

Not sure if this is a browser bug or something with the Spam Cleaner.

Using Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m & Win7

To reproduce

Use the Spam Cleaner on a account known to have 2 others with the same IP. After using the Spam Cleaner on the first you receive a popup showing the other 2, hitting the "Spam" next to the one of the others causes the popup to reload. Try clicking on the second "Spam" link and the popup disappears and then no links on the page are clickable. If you check the final account you clicked it will be as normal with no Spam Cleaner ran against it.

I can confirm this problem in Firefox. I didn't even have to followup with matching users in the spam cleaner. I can reproduce the problem by using the spam cleaner twice on the same person within the same page load.

1) Load index page of forum.

2) Click the latest member and spam clean him.

3) Restore that user in the Admin CP.

4) Click the latest member and spam clean him again without having reloaded the index page. When you are done with the second cleaning then all links on the page are unclickable.

I used Chrome to capture this error in the console:

Screen shot 2012-08-23 at 6.12.21 PM.webp

I don't have a code fix though.

I can confirm this problem in Firefox. I didn't even have to followup with matching users in the spam cleaner. I can reproduce the problem by using the spam cleaner twice on the same person within the same page load.

1) Load index page of forum.

2) Click the latest member and spam clean him.

3) Restore that user in the Admin CP.

4) Click the latest member and spam clean him again without having reloaded the index page. When you are done with the second cleaning then all links on the page are unclickable.

I used Chrome to capture this error in the console:

View attachment 33227

I don't have a code fix though.

Thanks, this has been bugging me as much as the Member Card background issue.

I had several users with the same IP-address, but the Spam-cleaner did not recognize the other users with the same IP-address, once I banned a member with that IP.
I do not remember now whether I banned the IP at all, but I banned a member via the Spam-cleaner and the Spam-cleaner did not show-up other members having the same IP.

I think Mike made a change for this in 1.1.4 (i think removing the reload requirement and using check boxes instead?) I can't find any spam accounts to test it on though lol.

This was easier to fix than I expected. :)
I triggered the same problem here earlier but without a match.

To reproduce:
1. Run the Spam Cleaner but only check Ban spammer and Check spammer's IPs
2. Run the Spam Cleaner again and check all options

None of the links on the page work.

Top Bottom