Spam Bots

KevinEssence

I've tried doing research about this..every night there are at least 2-4+ spam bots that come onto the forums and spam muscle enhancement crap. Has been going on for months now, I've tried many plugins and none seem to dis-regard that. Anyone have any ideas as it's creating a big mess when no one is online to deal with it.

I have this installed but unfortunately 2-4 spam bots still spam daily.
Properly configured it should work. You have to realize the majority of spam on a xenforo site is human generated.

I have had 1 slip through in 6 months. Mainly because he was US based. Some sites can't afford to block the 2 Pakistani and 2 Indian isps this crap comes from but we can. Tr He other half comes from VPS hosts which we can block due to almost no chance of a real user being on those hostnames except for small private and customs VPNs.

You should get a Project Honeypot key and an Akismet key too. You may also want to add some spam phrases.

I have this installed but unfortunately 2-4 spam bots still spam daily.
My addon (TPU: Detect Spam Registrations) will write logging data for each registration into XF's spam trigger log. Check there and find out what those registrations share (country, isp etc).
Then block them in the settings of my addon

Top Bottom