1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Spam attack from disgruntled member via tor network.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what tor network is/does.

We have been threatened by a disgruntled member:

We have had a series of signups this morning which I presume are him.

They are being flagged due to SFS and the alter ego addon, I have upped security so new members need three posts before promotion to not needing moderation.

Does anyone know of any other measures in xenforo to stop this?

2. Sonya

Sonya Member

Aren't disgruntled members fun? :mad:

I remember looking around for a resource to block proxy and tor registrations on XF and I think I recall seeing one from ThemeHouse. You might do a search in resources for "tor" and see what comes up.

3. Jon Walker

Jon Walker New Member

4. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Thanks, but i think he was actually all mouth, although we had a rash of registrations, I now think only one or two were him - just a coincidence that we had a spate of them. At least one/two were from a legit user naively creating a duplicate account.

As nothing got validated, he may have now given up, thinking it would be easier to hoodwink us, whereas it will turn out being more work for him while we just sit back and reject his efforts before he can do any damage.

Touch wood.

5. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

LMAO. Well the guy is an idiot. Tor publishes all their exit node IPs. Just block the entire list.

Mr Lucky likes this.