Some of my users are authors or publishers. I want them to be able to add events to my site like "Meet your favorite author in Hamburg on June, 2nd".
Currently I use resource manager plus @Waindigo 's resource event as it is providing RSVP. Unfortunately, my users are skeptical about my event calendar. When I talked to them asking what they would need to use my sites event system more frequently they gave some very helpful input. This is the summary.
- as easy to use as facebook events which means...
- "what", "where" (ZIP code + city + location), "when" (start + end) fields on the create event form.
As far as I can see I already can do this with resource events and custom fields.
- sort/filter events by ZIP code. This is essential for my needs because most events are only interesting for users living in a certain city.
- Calendar views for upcoming, weekly and monthly events
- Reminder functionality for joined events
- Permissions to tailor the output for certain user roles
- Nice to have, but not necessary: google maps to allow users to find the best way to the event location
Are there any XF plans to offer an official event calendar enhancement ?